Updating AddOn Preferences - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Updating AddOn Preferences - Mozilla ; Hello, I have developed a little AddOn that creates a few entries in the Firefox preference system. This all works fine. But now I've developed a new version of this AddOn and in this version, I need to change the ...

  1. Updating AddOn Preferences

    Hello,

    I have developed a little AddOn that creates a few entries in the
    Firefox preference system. This all works fine. But now I've developed
    a new version of this AddOn and in this version, I need to change the
    default setting of one, of the mentioned entries. I haven't found any
    way, while surfing the mozilla developer pages, so your help would be
    greatly apreciated!

    Another way could be to make sure that those preferences are removed
    from the system when the AddOn is first uninstalled and then the new
    version reinstalled by the autoupdate. But I didn't find anything for
    this either. On the other hand it is also not very nice to leave those
    entries in FF, when the user uninstalls the AddOn.

    Thanks a lot in advance!

    Regards,
    Bernd

  2. Re: Updating AddOn Preferences

    On 4 Jan., 20:16, "Ron K." wrote:
    > Bernd Konnerth on 1/4/2010 1:39 PM, keyboarded a reply:
    >

    > > Hello,

    > > I have developed a little AddOn that creates a few entries in the
    > > Firefox preference system. This all works fine. But now I've developed
    > > a new version of this AddOn and in this version, I need to change the
    > > default setting of one, of the mentioned entries. I haven't found any
    > > way, while surfing the mozilla developer pages, so your help would be
    > > greatly apreciated!

    > > Another way could be to make sure that those preferences are removed
    > > from the system when the AddOn is first uninstalled and then the new
    > > version reinstalled by the autoupdate. But I didn't find anything for
    > > this either. On the other hand it is also not very nice to leave those
    > > entries in FF, when the user uninstalls the AddOn.

    > > Thanks a lot in advance!

    > > Regards,
    > > Bernd

    > A better news group to post Your info request to is mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
    > Developers who know the code base monitor that group.
    > mozilla.support.forefox is a User-to-User support group to help share info
    > on how to use the Fx browser client.
    >
    > --
    > Ron K.
    > Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
    > Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!

    Ok, thanks! I will post the message there.

+ Reply to Thread