No Script blocks Suggested Searches - Mozilla

This is a discussion on No Script blocks Suggested Searches - Mozilla ; WinXP Pro SP2 - FF3.5.6 - No Script 1.9.9.30 - Google Tool Bar 6.1.20091119W The 'Suggested Searches' feature does not work in the Google Tool Bar with the 'No Script' Add-on enabled. Disable NS and SS works as advertised. Interestingly, ...

  1. No Script blocks Suggested Searches

    WinXP Pro SP2 - FF3.5.6 - No Script 1.9.9.30 - Google Tool Bar
    6.1.20091119W

    The 'Suggested Searches' feature does not work in the Google Tool Bar
    with the 'No Script' Add-on enabled. Disable NS and SS works as
    advertised.

    Interestingly, the 'Suggested Searches' feature does work in the
    search box in the FF tool bar when No Script is enabled. Google is the
    default search engine in that box.

    I saw someplace where the powers-that-be claimed that this problem was
    fixed. It isn't, there's a conflict someplace, so there's still work
    to be done. Perhaps the claimed fix was only for the search box in
    the FF tool bar?

    All affected apps are current and updated.

    Wonder if those 'best minds' are working on this?

  2. Re: No Script blocks Suggested Searches

    On Jan 4, 7:09*am, Ron Hunter wrote:

    > So, you add an extension, and it prevents a feature from working, and
    > now you want that fixed? *Just disable NoScript. *Simple solution. *No
    > software can function in all environments.
    > --
    > Ron Hunter - rphun...@charter.net

    Thanks for your suggestion, Ron, but I did not just add NoScript, been
    running it AND the Google Tool Bar successfully on the previous
    version of FF prior to just switching to 3.5. With that switch, the
    aforementioned blockage occurred. Checked the FF forum and there was
    a post that the GTB/NS conflict had been resolved. Just commenting on
    that post.

    I personally like the Google Tool Bar. I also like NoScripts. Held
    off switching to FF 3.5 until I thought it would be safe, guess I was
    still early. Have the same reservations for SP3, IE8 and WMP11.

    Thanks to all who responded for your opinions, observations,
    critiques, suggestions, pointers and candor.

  3. Re: No Script blocks Suggested Searches

    > Have you tried uninstalling, and then installing both the Google
    > Toolbar, and NoScript? *It may be there is some initialization that
    > needs to be done with the new version.

    > Ron Hunter - rphun...@charter.net

    No I haven't, but that's a good suggestion, I will give it a try.
    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread