Tab tearing doesn't work - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Tab tearing doesn't work - Mozilla ; I didn't do anything about it.WHY!!! ps.the version is 3.5.6...

  1. Tab tearing doesn't work

    I didn't do anything about it.WHY!!!
    ps.the version is 3.5.6

  2. Re: Tab tearing doesn't work

    On Jan 2, 9:46*pm, Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 02.01.2010 06:46, Rodgers wrote:

    I didn't change the default settings about tabs.What I did was install
    tab mix plus add-on and changed some options in it.I tried the un-do
    detach tab (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...on/12689/),but
    it didn't work either.Strangely, when i right-click on the tab ,i
    cann't see "open tab in a new window" in the menu.

  3. Re: Tab tearing doesn't work

    On Jan 2, 11:38*pm, David Pyles wrote:
    > Rodgers wrote:
    > > On Jan 2, 9:46 pm, Jay Garcia *wrote:
    > >> On 02.01.2010 06:46, Rodgers wrote:

    I tried hundreds of times.

  4. Re: Tab tearing doesn't work

    On Jan 2, 11:57*pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > "Rodgers" wrote in messagenews:e077d905-583a-4605-978d-efaf345ae74b@j19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com...
    > > On Jan 2, 9:46 pm, Jay Garcia wrote:
    > >> On 02.01.2010 06:46, Rodgers wrote:

    Thanks.It is the tab mix plus that makes tab tearing work invalid.

  5. Re: Tab tearing doesn't work

    On Jan 4, 10:18*am, Roy Smith wrote:
    > On 1/3/2010 1:51 PM, David McRitchie wrote:

    > >> I have TabMix Plus installed and tab tearing works fine for me. *You
    > >> might want to experiment with the TabMix Plus settings, if you haven't
    > >> already uninstalled the add-on. * * * // *Dave Pyles

    > > You probably have to go to the author's site to get the latest version
    > > of TMP
    > > check the versions, *also check for the latest version at addons by
    > > going to
    > > the "older versions" on the addons page for newer possibly experimental
    > > version.
    > > Experimental versions or versions from an author's page will not
    > > automatically update.

    > > But I think the only person who gains from TMP is the author, in writing
    > > the program
    > > and learning the tab options. *Users lose because they never learn of
    > > the real options
    > > that are available in Firefox, and subject themselves to an extension
    > > that hardly *ever
    > > works well during betas; whereas, *Firefox options are very stable or
    > > Firefox itself is broken..

    > > I've put together a listing of the options, extensions, and styles that
    > > I use
    > > for tabs. * Look for *"(summary)" *it it does not open there for you.
    > > * *Tabs configuration, extracted from About:config entries
    > > * *http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...ig.htm#summary
    > > My page on tab usage is
    > > * *Tabbed Browsing in Firefox
    > > * *http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/tabs.htm

    > That's odd because I got the one available from the add-ons page at
    > Mozilla and Tab tearing works just fine for me.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Roy Smith
    > Windows 7

    Thanks for all of you.Finally I found I made a silly mistake--having
    enabled the single window mode.How could I miss this option in the
    settings after examining the TMP options for many times??!

  6. Re: Tab tearing doesn't work

    http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic...a0f1a8a47a07cb
    details about this "problem".

+ Reply to Thread