Re: How to make Google default search? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: How to make Google default search? - Mozilla ; On Dec 30, 6:52*am, Brian Kochera wrote: > Keith Nuttle wrote *On 12/17/2009 9:00 AM: > > > > > On 12/17/2009 2:53 AM, Miles wrote: > >> * Brian Kochera wrote, On 12/16/2009 21:34: > >>> Every time I ...

  1. Re: How to make Google default search?

    On Dec 30, 6:52*am, Brian Kochera wrote:
    > Keith Nuttle wrote *On 12/17/2009 9:00 AM:

    > >> Don't know if this would be your solution; I've been using Add to
    > >> Searchbar and there is no difficulty selecting any of several search
    > >> engines I've included as the default.

    > >>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3682

    > > Have you made Google the default in the search window by clicking the
    > > down arrow on the right side of the window?

    > Isn't the down arrow on the left side? *Yes, I've tried this. Every time
    > I start FF 3.5.6 that "Fast Browser Search" is back. I've even tried
    > deleting it using "Manage Search Engines" on the bottom of the down
    > arrow. Fast browser search always comes back.
    >
    > --
    > ________
    > * *Brian M. Kochera
    >
    > mailto:brian1...@earthlink.net

    You must have picked up spyware. Here's what I found from a google
    search for "Fast browser search":
    http://www.spywareremove.com/removeF...serSearch.html

    Jb

  2. Re: How to make Google default search?

    On Jan 5, 6:43*am, Brian Kochera wrote:
    > David McRitchie wrote *On 12/30/2009 10:39 AM:
    >

    > > "Fox on the run" wrote in message

    > >> You must have picked up spyware. *Here's what I found from a google
    > >> search for "Fast browser search":
    > >>http://www.spywareremove.com/removeF...serSearch.html

    > > For what it's worth *both WOT (web of trust) and *McAfee Site Advisor
    > > do not trust that that site. * *So would avoid running any downloads
    > > or virus checks from that site. * *From user comments more than from
    > > actual tests for SiteAdvisor, *and WOT is strictly from users.
    > > *http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/spywareremove.com
    > > *http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.spywareremove.com

    > > I don't have *SiteAdvisor extension on this computer but it sure looks
    > > like a lot of
    > > untrusted, unknown sites, or forums are shown for removal, and some
    > > sites you would think have a reputation to protect *are suggesting it
    > > for shopping.

    > At this writing, I still haven't been able to remove the frelling "Fast
    > Browser Search" thing. *It only seems to be effecting FF 3.5. *With IE
    > 8.x the default is Google which is what I want for FF 3.5. I've looked
    > for and tried some manual removal instructions to no avail.
    >
    > --
    > ________
    > * *Brian M. Kochera
    >
    > mailto:brian1...@earthlink.net- Hide quoted text -

    Did you check out this site:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...5048&hl=en#all
    ?

    Seems to have advise from others that worked for some.
    JB

+ Reply to Thread