Firefox won't open embedded links - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox won't open embedded links - Mozilla ; I think there's more than one issue here, but perhaps they're related. 1. After a Google maps search and request for directions, the link for opening a window to print the directions ("javascript 0)") won't open a print window. All ...

  1. Firefox won't open embedded links

    I think there's more than one issue here, but perhaps they're related.

    1. After a Google maps search and request for directions, the link for
    opening a window to print the directions ("javascript0)") won't open
    a print window. All NoScript entries are enabled. The "Send" function
    works. No such problem with IE.

    2. Clicking on links (such as slide shows on news organization pages)
    defined as "javascript:;" does nothing.

    All this has been going on since I updated to 3.5.6.

    Some other kinds of links will open in another tab, but not within the
    same tab. Pop-up blocker is disabled (pop-ups are always allowed).

  2. Re: Firefox won't open embedded links

    On Dec 20, 5:52*pm, David Pyles wrote:
    > On 12/20/2009 5:39 PM, Spike1 wrote:> I think there's more than one issuehere, but perhaps they're related.
    >
    > > 1. After a Google maps search and request for directions, the link for
    > > opening a window to print the directions ("javascript0)") won't open
    > > a print window. All NoScript entries are enabled. The "Send" function
    > > works. No such problem with IE.

    > > 2. Clicking on links (such as slide shows on news organization pages)
    > > defined as "javascript:;" does nothing.

    > > All this has been going on since I updated to 3.5.6.

    > > Some other kinds of links will open in another tab, but not within the
    > > same tab. Pop-up blocker is disabled (pop-ups are always allowed).

    > See this link:http://www.tech-faq.com/javascript-void-0.shtml
    > Dave Pyles

    Thanks Dave, I had already seen that. The pop-up blocker has been
    disabled. The JavaScript must be correctly written or it wouldn't work
    with IE either. I have JavaScript enabled. And if the Web browser
    implementation of JavaScript is broken, then Ron (and everyone else)
    would be having the same problem. So I dunno!

+ Reply to Thread