Start Firefox, Add-ons box appears - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Start Firefox, Add-ons box appears - Mozilla ; When I started up Firefox just now, the add-ons dialog box appeared. Is that just because I updated Firefox yesterday? I've never seen it happen before....

  1. Start Firefox, Add-ons box appears

    When I started up Firefox just now, the add-ons dialog box appeared.
    Is that just because I updated Firefox yesterday? I've never seen it
    happen before.

  2. Re: Start Firefox, Add-ons box appears

    On Dec 17, 12:32*pm, KristleBawl wrote:
    > Richard Fangnail expressed an opinion:
    >
    > > When I started up Firefox just now, the add-ons dialog box appeared.
    > > Is that just because I updated Firefox yesterday? *I've never seen it
    > > happen before.

    > When Firefox starts, it checks for updates and updated add-ons once
    > every so many times. You would see a notation near the top of the add-on
    > dialog box that lists which add-ons you have installed that have an
    > update available, so you can choose whether or not to update them, or a
    > notation that tells you add-ons were automatically updated, if that's
    > the option you have set up.

    Thanks - in Tools > Options, Advanced tab, I have "Automatically check
    for installed add-on updates" UNchecked.
    Hence perhaps the add-ons box should not have appeared.

  3. Re: Start Firefox, Add-ons box appears

    On Dec 17, 2:24*pm, Richard Fangnail
    wrote:
    > When I started up Firefox just now, the add-ons dialog box appeared.
    > Is that just because I updated Firefox yesterday? *I've never seen it
    > happen before.

    When you close Firefox it remembers all that was open in last session.
    Try this:
    While other tabs are still open, close the add-ons dialog
    Now close the rest
    Now open Firefox
    Do you get the add-on box?

+ Reply to Thread