how does ff resolve relative hrefs correctly? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on how does ff resolve relative hrefs correctly? - Mozilla ; hi everybody, for a long time i am curious about one thing that how browsers correctly resolve wrongly given relative hrefs. here is my example: suppose we are at url "www.aaa.com/bbb/ccc" and what we see somewhere in the source html ...

  1. how does ff resolve relative hrefs correctly?

    hi everybody,

    for a long time i am curious about one thing that how browsers
    correctly resolve wrongly given relative hrefs.

    here is my example:

    suppose we are at url "www.aaa.com/bbb/ccc" and what we see somewhere
    in the source html is something like that :

    eee

    and in our browser (whatever it is) we see the actual link as
    "www.aaa.com/ddd/eee".

    however in a different domain when we are at url "www.xxx.com/yyy/zzz"
    and have an element

    qqq

    this time our browser resolves this link as "www.xxx.com/yyy/ttt/qqq"

    surprising part here is that both of them are correctly resolved but
    browser behaved differently!

    by the way same example applies when relative urls starts with "/"...

    do you have any idea how this is possible? do you know in which part
    of the source code this operation is handled?

    best regards...

    //kaan

  2. Re: how does ff resolve relative hrefs correctly?

    Can you provide URLs where you've observed this? It's easier to
    understand and therefore answer your question if we can look at the
    exact same thing as what you are looking at.

    JB

+ Reply to Thread