Pages no longer load - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Pages no longer load - Mozilla ; Win XP Media Center edition, SP 2 Firefox 3.5.3 Starting today, news story pages at latimes.com no longer load. Page starts to load, there's a whole lot (too freakin' much) "transferring data from..." activity down in lower left border, then ...

  1. Pages no longer load

    Win XP Media Center edition, SP 2
    Firefox 3.5.3

    Starting today, news story pages at latimes.com no longer load. Page
    starts to load, there's a whole lot (too freakin' much) "transferring
    data from..." activity down in lower left border, then page goes blank
    (gray) and lower left border says "Done". Main L.A. Times web site
    loads fine. Other newspaper main pages load fine, stories load fine.

    This seems to be a common problem, as I saw numerous references to it
    (but no solution) in web search.

  2. Re: Pages no longer load

    On Oct 23, 1:49*pm, propman wrote:
    > Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > > Win XP Media Center edition, SP 2
    > > Firefox 3.5.3

    > > Starting today, news story pages at latimes.com no longer load.

    > Maybe they fixed whatever was the problem as it just loaded fine here
    > when I tried it. :-)

    Another unhelpful WFMer heard from; how predictable.

  3. Re: Pages no longer load

    On Oct 24, 3:45*am, Christoph Schmees wrote:
    > Jonathan Ball schrieb:
    >
    > > Win XP Media Center edition, SP 2
    > > Firefox 3.5.3

    > > Starting today, news story pages at latimes.com no longer load. *Page
    > > starts to load, there's a whole lot (too freakin' much) "transferring
    > > data from..." activity down in lower left border, then page goes blank
    > > (gray) and lower left border says "Done". *Main L.A. Times web site
    > > loads fine. *Other newspaper main pages load fine, stories load fine.

    > > This seems to be a common problem, as I saw numerous references to it
    > > (but no solution) in web search.

    > WFM.

    And another...

    > You know that SP2 is out of date?

    You think a works-one-day-doesn't-work-the-next is likely to be due to
    an out-of-date service pack? Really? /Really?/

  4. Re: Pages no longer load

    On Oct 23, 11:53*am, Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > Win XP Media Center edition, SP 2
    > Firefox 3.5.3
    >
    > Starting today, news story pages at latimes.com no longer load. *Page
    > starts to load, there's a whole lot (too freakin' much) "transferring
    > data from..." activity down in lower left border, then page goes blank
    > (gray) and lower left border says "Done". *Main L.A. Times web site
    > loads fine. *Other newspaper main pages load fine, stories load fine.
    >
    > This seems to be a common problem, as I saw numerous references to it
    > (but no solution) in web search.

    It's some conflict with Google Desktop. My wife installed Google
    Desktop earlier in the day that Firefox stopped working. I
    uninstalled GD, and Firefox resumed working.

+ Reply to Thread