Updating of Firefox and Thunderbird is never working when updatingvia the menu (Windows) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Updating of Firefox and Thunderbird is never working when updatingvia the menu (Windows) - Mozilla ; Hi, When I use the menu Help -> check for updates and a new version is found, Firefox and Thunderbird keeps trying to install the update but always fails. It is an endless loop. I have always to download the ...

  1. Updating of Firefox and Thunderbird is never working when updatingvia the menu (Windows)

    Hi,

    When I use the menu Help -> check for updates and a new version is
    found, Firefox and Thunderbird keeps trying to install the update but
    always fails. It is an endless loop.

    I have always to download the installation and start it manually. Then
    there is no problem.

    May be this is because I have the TEMP folder on another drive than
    the system, e.g System is on C: and my TEMP folder is on drive X:

    Hope this can be fixed.

    Chris.

  2. Re: Updating of Firefox and Thunderbird is never working whenupdating via the menu (Windows)

    On Oct 9, 7:10*pm, "Ron K." wrote:
    > Chris G on 10/9/2009 6:49 AM, keyboarded a reply:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > When I use the menu Help -> check for updates and a new version is
    > > found, Firefox and Thunderbird keeps trying to install the update but
    > > always fails. It is an endless loop.

    > > I have always to download the installation and start it manually. Then
    > > there is no problem.

    > > May be this is because I have the TEMP folder on another drive than
    > > the system, e.g System is on C: and my TEMP folder is on drive X:

    > > Hope this can be fixed.

    > > Chris.

    > Is the X: drive a network share? *I have seen at least one bug related to
    > Gecko being able to establish a network share on it's own. The workaroundI
    > read needed another network application to establish the share, then Gecko
    > could use it.
    >
    > --
    > Ron K.
    > Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
    > Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!

    No, X: is a local drive on a local harddisk

+ Reply to Thread