Flash needs to reinstall on every reboot - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Flash needs to reinstall on every reboot - Mozilla ; Running FF 3.5.3 and when I start the browser and go to a flash enable site it says I don't have flash installed so I click the install button that appears in the upper right of the page. The page ...

  1. Flash needs to reinstall on every reboot

    Running FF 3.5.3 and when I start the browser and go to a flash enable
    site
    it says I don't have flash installed so I click the install button
    that
    appears in the upper right of the page. The page then displays
    properly
    until I reboot and then I get the same message that Flash is not
    installed.
    Same happens when I go to the flash site and download/install
    manually.
    What is causing this loop of having to reinstall Flash all the time.
    I'm
    running Win7 Ultimage RTM.

    Thanks,
    Tom

  2. Re: Flash needs to reinstall on every reboot

    On Oct 2, 10:36*pm, propman wrote:
    > Tom Jubb wrote:
    > > Running FF 3.5.3 and when I start the browser and go to a flash enable
    > > site
    > > it says I don't have flash installed so I click the install button
    > > that
    > > appears in the upper right of the page. *The page then displays
    > > properly
    > > until I reboot and then I get the same message that Flash is not
    > > installed.
    > > Same happens when I go to the flash site and download/install
    > > manually.
    > > What is causing this loop of having to reinstall Flash all the time.
    > > I'm
    > > running Win7 Ultimage RTM.

    > > Thanks,
    > > Tom

    > Have you tried playing flash related files with another browser or two?
    > * If flash doesn't work for them, then Firefox is an unlikely source of
    > the problem.

    Yes, I have tried that and sites with Flash load fine on IE8. FF
    3.5.3 will not play Flash until it is re-installed. Then it's fine
    until the next reboot.

  3. Re: Flash needs to reinstall on every reboot

    On Oct 8, 12:06*pm, propman wrote:
    > Tom Jubb wrote:
    > >> Have you tried playing flash related files with another browser or two?
    > >> * If flash doesn't work for them, then Firefox is an unlikely sourceof
    > >> the problem.

    > > Yes, I have tried that and sites with Flash load fine on IE8. *FF
    > > 3.5.3 will not play Flash until it is re-installed. *Then it's fine
    > > until the next reboot.

    > Have you seen this:
    >
    > http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view...omments_parent...
    >
    > Just a thought too....are you running FF in IE mode? *If so, you may be
    > installing the wrong version (I haven't actually confirmed if this is
    > possible but think it is worth checking on.)

    this link helped:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/inter...efox-on-vista/

    Basically download the Flash XPI at
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...player-win.xpi,
    rename it to a ZIP file, extract the files, copy "flashplayer.xpt" and
    "NPSWF32.dll" to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins for ALL
    USERS or copy to %APPDATA%\Mozilla for the current user only. I did
    this for all users and Flash seems to be working again without having
    to re-install. We'll see how things go after a reboot.

+ Reply to Thread