can't close main tab - Mozilla

This is a discussion on can't close main tab - Mozilla ; Hi FF 3.5.3 WinXP Why can't I close the main tab ? If I have several tabs opened on different sites, each tab can be closed using the tab context menu or the close icon on the tab exept for ...

  1. can't close main tab

    Hi

    FF 3.5.3 WinXP

    Why can't I close the main tab ?
    If I have several tabs opened on different sites, each tab can be
    closed using the tab context menu or the close icon on the tab exept
    for the last tab still opened.
    There's no way to clear that last tab like with older versions of FF ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: can't close main tab

    On Sep 28, 9:42*am, Bill wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > FF 3.5.3 WinXP
    >
    > Why can't I close the main tab ?
    > If I have several tabs opened on different sites, each tab can be
    > closed using the tab context menu or the close icon on the tab exept
    > for the last tab still opened.
    > There's no way to clear that last tab like with older versions of FF ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Do you want to close the visited page or just want the last tab to
    go away in the tab bar, i.e. continue to view the remaining page in
    a non-tabbed window? The latter can be accomplished under
    Tools --> Options --> Tabs
    uncheck "always show the tab bar"

    There was a recent discussion about closing the page in the last
    tab (i.e. get a blank window). I can't seem to find it at the
    moment, but it had a lot of activity so someone else could
    probably point you to it if that's what you really wanted to do.
    If I don't want anything, I generally just close the window.

    Regards,
    Gabor

  3. Re: can't close main tab

    On 28 sep, 11:03, gabor wrote:
    > On Sep 28, 9:42*am, Bill wrote:

    > > There's no way to clear that last tab like with older versions of FF ?

    > There was a recent discussion about closing the page in the last
    > tab (i.e. get a blank window). *I can't seem to find it at the

    That's what I want.
    In versin 3.5.3 if you hit ctrl-W on the last opened tab it shuts down
    FFinstead of closing the tab.

    I'll search again in older threads.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread