re: Copying bookmarks from one pc to another TIA - Mozilla

This is a discussion on re: Copying bookmarks from one pc to another TIA - Mozilla ; I have asked this question before so excuse my repeat. In earlier versions of Firefox it was a simple matter of saving and reinserting the "bookmark" file into the new installed Firefox. Now it is not. I have resorted to ...

  1. re: Copying bookmarks from one pc to another TIA

    I have asked this question before so excuse my repeat. In earlier
    versions of Firefox it was a simple matter of saving and reinserting
    the "bookmark" file into the new installed Firefox. Now it is not. I
    have resorted to copying links to a text file one by one & then
    reversing the procedure in the event. Is there a quicker surer method?
    Please advise me if so.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Copying bookmarks from one pc to another TIA

    On Sep 18, 6:39*pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > wrote in messagenews:B5CdnfR2xdNWPy7XnZ2dnUVZ_hWdnZ2d@mozil la.org...
    > > sandy58 wrote:
    > >> I have asked this question before so excuse my repeat. In earlier
    > >> versions of Firefox it was a simple matter of saving and reinserting
    > >> the "bookmark" file into the new installed Firefox. Now it is not. I
    > >> have resorted to copying links to a text file one by one & then
    > >> reversing the procedure in the event. Is there a quicker surer method?
    > >> Please advise me if so.
    > >> Thanks in advance.

    > >http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferri...file_-_Firefox

    > >http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...+from+an+HTML+...

    > > Other troubleshooting articles can be found at:

    > >http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Article+list
    > >http://kb.mozillazine.org/Knowledge_Base

    > You might also look at *
    > * *http://kb.mozillazine.org/Backing_up...arks_-_Firefox
    > for *all version 3, *I use the Library *to *restore *from a saved * *JSON *backup,
    > means waiting a day after making extensive bookmark changes but it is the
    > easiest method for me.
    >
    > I only have one profile (uses 3.5.3) *that I keep all of my bookmarks current in.
    >
    > Another method that appears to work but I'm sure has no blessing from Mozilla
    > is to copy a folder from bookmarks bar and paste it into folder of bookmarks
    > toolbar of another folder (only from and to version 3). * The reason why I would
    > copy just one folder is that it contains almost all of my keyworded bookmarks
    > without which I'd hardly be able to use Firefox, so I like to keep them up to date.
    > It a matter of ease of use and not changing other things because the actual
    > copying within Firefox takes longer than a restore from another profile. *Some
    > of my profiles have the name of the profile included on the bookmarks toolbar
    > because they have no extensions to show the profile name.
    >
    > --
    > HTH,
    > David McRitchie, * extensions I use are briefly documented on my site
    > Firefox Custom: *http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    Thank you, all, for your help. It was easier before when FF had the
    bookmarks in one folder (before JSON) which could be transferred but
    I'll experiment with this new info.
    Much obliged, folks. :-)

+ Reply to Thread