Using FF 3.5.2 I used to be able to stream radio in windows media
player format from sites such as www.cbc.ca and http://wellington.thebreeze.co.nz/.
Now I cannot. When I try, the player never loads and displays a window
saying "waiting for video" even though I'm not trying to view video. I
recently installed the VLC media player...could that have changed
something that would cause this? thebreeze still plays fine using
IE8. The plugins listed in FF for Windows Media player are:

Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

File name: npdsplay.dll
Npdsplay dll

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/asx Media Files * Yes
video/x-ms-asf-plugin Media Files * Yes
application/x-mplayer2 Media Files * Yes
video/x-ms-asf Media Files asf,asx,* Yes
video/x-ms-wm Media Files wm,* Yes
audio/x-ms-wma Media Files wma,* Yes
audio/x-ms-wax Media Files wax,* Yes
video/x-ms-wmv Media Files wmv,* Yes
video/x-ms-wvx Media Files wvx,* Yes

This machine is a 3 yr old Dell XPS420 running WinXP SP3. Thanks for
any assistance.