Firefox as default browser. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox as default browser. - Mozilla ; Hi all, I am unable to set firefox as my default browser. Everytime I run it the message that it is not my default browser comes up. I click to make it so but next time I use the computer ...

  1. Firefox as default browser.

    Hi all,

    I am unable to set firefox as my default browser. Everytime I run it
    the message that it is not my default browser comes up. I click to
    make it so but next time I use the computer the default has reverted
    to IE. I tried installing the latest version of firefox but this made
    no difference. How do I fix this? I'm running Win XP.

    Cheers,

    Stuart

  2. Re: Firefox as default browser.

    Hi David & Ron,

    Thanks for your replies but there is no "Program Access & Defaults"
    button in "Add or Remove Programs" in my version of XP. Is there any
    other way of doing this?

    Stu

  3. Re: Firefox as default browser.

    On Aug 20, 5:44*pm, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > valve jockey wrote:
    > > Hi David & Ron,

    > > Thanks for your replies but there is no "Program Access & Defaults"
    > > button in "Add or Remove Programs" in my version of XP. *Is there any
    > > other way of doing this?

    > > Stu

    > Are you logged on as an administrator?

    Hi Ron,

    Yes I'm logged on as the administrator. I've checked the file
    associations for relevant files and this runs IE whenever the computer
    if first turned on but does change to firefox once I run it and change
    it to the default. It does appear that a program has got it into its
    tiny little mind to change the default browser to IE on boot up. Any
    idea of a quick way to find out which program that could be?

    Cheers,

    Stu

  4. Re: Firefox as default browser.

    > Stu,
    > * *It's not a button. *When you open "Add/Remove Programs," there are
    > several boxes on the left column of the screen. *It is the bottom one.
    > Click on it to see what they are talking about.
    >
    > Barbara

    Hi Barbara,

    No that box does not appear on my computer. However it may be all
    academic now as I think I have solved the problem. The problem was
    being caused by the driver for my nvidia video card. I uninstalled
    and re-installed the driver and everything is working fine, - at least
    for now. Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply to my
    queries.

    Cheers,

    Stu

+ Reply to Thread