Can't "Save As" in Firefox 3.5.2 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't "Save As" in Firefox 3.5.2 - Mozilla ; I'm having an odd problem. I moved my profiles folder from my dead XP laptop over to a new Vista HP I replaced it with after doing a clean install of 3.5.2 and now I can't invoke "Save As" or ...

  1. Can't "Save As" in Firefox 3.5.2

    I'm having an odd problem. I moved my profiles folder from my dead XP
    laptop over to a new Vista HP I replaced it with after doing a clean
    install of 3.5.2 and now I can't invoke "Save As" or "Save Image As"
    or even "Copy Link Location" in the contextual menus.

    I thought it might be because I had "Nightly Tester Tool" as one of my
    add-ons to force an old incompatible add-on or two to continue to work
    as they had swimmingly with the XP install, but even after disabling
    all add-ons I still have this problem.

    Anyone have an idea? I wonder if a complete uninstall and re-install
    would help? I've simpley never had any problem like this before with
    Firefox and never needed to contemplate an radical messures with FF.

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. Re: Can't "Save As" in Firefox 3.5.2

    On Aug 18, 7:47*pm, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/17/2009 7:57 AM, Mike Jackson wrote:
    >

    > > I'm having an odd problem. I moved my profiles folder from my dead XP
    > > laptop over to a new Vista HP I replaced it with after doing a clean
    > > install of 3.5.2 and now I can't invoke "Save As" or "Save Image As"
    > > or even "Copy Link Location" in the contextual menus.

    > > I thought it might be because I had "Nightly Tester Tool" as one of my
    > > add-ons to force an old incompatible add-on or two to continue to work
    > > as they had swimmingly with the XP install, but even after disabling
    > > all add-ons I still have this problem.

    > > Anyone have an idea? I wonder if a complete uninstall and re-install
    > > would help? I've simpley never had any problem like this before with
    > > Firefox and never needed to contemplate *an radical messures with FF.

    > > Thanks,
    > > Mike

    > Before taking drastic action try following the Standard Diagnostic for
    > Firefoxhttp://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox
    >
    > Its first two steps:
    >
    > 1. Start FF in Safe Mode:
    > For information about safe-mode see:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
    >
    > If this works you have a problem with some add-on(s). *If not:
    >
    > 2. Create a new, clean profile.:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a...ile_on_Windows. *If
    > this doesn't solve the problem follow the remaining solutions in the
    > Standard Diagnostic or Re-install FF.
    >
    > Irwin
    >
    > --
    > Knowledge Base:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

    Thanks Irwin.

    I think the problem was TabMixPlus, it looks like it stayed added on
    even though I thought I disabled Nightly Tester Tool, but apparently
    not.

    I found a couple of things were unchecked under the LINKS tab in
    TabMixPlus Options, though trying to unclick things to see if I could
    put it back in the 'broken' mode I was in for days I can't seem to
    replicate. "Save As" functions are now restored so damned if I know
    exactly what it was exactly. I only discovered that when I couldn't
    get in my company's training site that wanted to open pop-up windows
    and now that won't work right. I can't believe that I had to just give
    up and use IE8 instead last night but I wanted to get some sleep.
    Which reminds me, I need to go fall asleep now...

    Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread