Hi, all!

I tried all of the above, restarted Mozilla Firefox (on my Windows XP
laptop), and when next I started a search from my address box (I got
used to this when it still had Google as a default search
engine...)... Yahoo had taken over again! It would be nice if somebody
from the Yahoo camp would tell us how to get rid of their search
engine once and for all!

Note, by the way, that the (free) virus scanner of AVG also (re)sets
the default search engine to Yahoo. It even tells you politely that it
did so! They claim that it won't happen again if you uncheck that
option in the AVG toolbar options... but magically the relevant box
gets checked again!

Anybody got tips on a good, free virus scanner that will leave my
search options alone?

Cheers,
Dave