Remove erroneous autocomplete entries - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Remove erroneous autocomplete entries - Mozilla ; I'm using Firefox 3.0.12 on Windows XP. The autocomplete gives me a (preferably) short list of comlete words. Some of the list entries are typos I did in the past. How do I selectively remove the erroneous entries from the ...

  1. Remove erroneous autocomplete entries

    I'm using Firefox 3.0.12 on Windows XP. The autocomplete gives me a
    (preferably) short list of comlete words. Some of the list entries
    are typos I did in the past. How do I selectively remove the
    erroneous entries from the list? I used cygwin to grep the user files
    for Firefox and found the said erroneous list entries in the binary
    file formhistory.sqlite. Being a binary file, I am hesitant to muck
    with it.

  2. Re: Remove erroneous autocomplete entries

    On Jul 26, 9:25*pm, David Pyles wrote:
    > On 7/26/2009 9:11 PM, AndyHan**** wrote:> I'm using Firefox 3.0.12 on Windows XP. *The autocomplete gives me a
    > > (preferably) short list of comlete words. *Some of the list entries
    > > are typos I did in the past. *How do I selectively remove the
    > > erroneous entries from the list? *I used cygwin to grep the user files
    > > for Firefox and found the said erroneous list entries in the binary
    > > file formhistory.sqlite. *Being a binary file, I am hesitant to muck
    > > with it.

    > You can just put the cursor over each incorrect entry and hit delete to
    > remove it.
    > Dave Pyles

    Some things are just too simple for this user to comprehend. They
    have to make it less direct!

    Thanks! Worked very nicely.

  3. Re: Remove erroneous autocomplete entries

    On Jul 26, 11:02*pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > "AndyHan****" wrote...
    > > *David Pyles * wrote:

    > >> You can just put the cursor over each incorrect entry and hit delete to
    > >> remove it. * * * *// * *Dave Pyles

    > > Some things are just too simple for this user to comprehend. *They
    > > have to make it less direct! * * * * Thanks! *Worked very nicely. *// Andy

    > The location bar autocomplete is working from *Title, URL, and tags
    > And the choices presented come from bookmarks and from history.
    >
    > If they were bookmarked they were intended to be seen.
    > If they were history, a lot of those that you don't want to see are
    > "404 not found" *errors, *bring *up history sidebar (Ctrl+H)
    > then type * *404 not found * into the search box of history sidebar..
    >
    > You can select them all *with *Ctrl+A, *examine them to make sure
    > then you can hit the *Del key, *or remove a few with *Ctrl+click and
    > then delete the remaining selected history items.
    >
    > See topics: * *selecting *and immediately below that deleting history items
    > in *http://kb.mozillazine.org/Viewing_th...tory_-_Firefox
    > describes multiple selections and multiple deletions, *including how to
    > delete selected items from recent history.

    Actually, it was autocomplete in general, not the location bar.
    Thanks anyway.

+ Reply to Thread