Re: favicon missing on firefox bookmark - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: favicon missing on firefox bookmark - Mozilla ; On Jul 11, 1:08*am, "gianniotis@mozilla" wrote: > On 11.07.2009 01:24, Chris Ilias wrote: > > > > > On 10/07/09 2:34 PM, gianniotis@mozilla wrote: > >> Hi there, > > >> After upgrading on FF 3.5 the favicon is missing ...

  1. Re: favicon missing on firefox bookmark

    wrote:
    > On 11.07.2009 01:24, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >

    > > On 10/07/09 2:34 PM, gianniotis@mozilla wrote:
    > >> Hi there,

    > >> After upgrading on FF 3.5 the favicon is missing from the bookmark
    > >> toolbar for the newly bookmarked sites. it appears only on the location
    > >> bar when the site is visited.
    > >> The steps described under:
    > >>http://support.mozilla.com/de/kb/Fav...do+not+display
    > >> did not help me solve the problem.

    > >> At home (I use windows XP) I haven not observed the problem as I did not
    > >> make any new bookmark. But at work after clean installation of FF all
    > >> the favicon of the (imported) bookmarks were missing. In the beginningI
    > >> thought it was a VISTA problem but I observed the same behavior when I
    > >> bookmarked today at home, just for a try, the
    > >> following page:http://www.seat.de/seat_/home.html

    > >> Any suggestions are most welcome!

    > > Are you using the default theme?

    > Yes, I am - should I try with another one?

    Actually this is a pretty well known issue, and I've run into it a few
    times, even emailed mozilla about it, but I haven't seen any mention
    of it.

    I don't know about you, but when I install FF, the first thing I do is
    set up my privacy / history, etc preferences.

    It seems as though 3.5 has a little bug..

    If you set it your history settings to "use custom settings for
    history", it will NOT update the bookmark favicons.

    Simply set it to the default (remember history). Click ok. Close the
    browser. Reopen it, and go to your bookmarked pages one at a time, and
    the favicons will appear in a few seconds. You will have to close and
    re-open the browser for each one.

    After you have all of your pretty favicons back, go ahead and set your
    history preferences to how you like them.

  2. Re: favicon missing on firefox bookmark

    On Jul 21, 2:20*pm, "gianniotis@mozilla"
    wrote:
    > Thanks a lot !
    >
    > It worked !
    >
    > On 21.07.2009 07:42, Geek Squad wrote:
    >
    > > On Jul 11, 1:08 am, "gianniotis@mozilla"
    > > wrote:

    > >> Yes, I am - should I try with another one?

    > > Actually this is a pretty well known issue, and I've run into it a few
    > > times, even emailed mozilla about it, but I haven't seen any mention
    > > of it.

    > > I don't know about you, but when I install FF, the first thing I do is
    > > set up my privacy / history, etc preferences.

    > > It seems as though 3.5 has a little bug..

    > > If you set it your history settings to "use custom settings for
    > > history", it will NOT update the bookmark favicons.

    > > Simply set it to the default (remember history). Click ok. Close the
    > > browser. Reopen it, and go to your bookmarked pages one at a time, and
    > > the favicons will appear in a few seconds. You will have to close and
    > > re-open the browser for each one.

    > > After you have all of your pretty favicons back, go ahead and set your
    > > history preferences to how you like them.

    Great - now if we can just get Mozilla to fix it...

    There are literally hundreds of posts from people about this issue on
    various forums, and all of them suggest add-ons, etc, and I'm not
    about to sign up on all of them just to post this!

    I certainly can't be the only one who figured this out lol

  3. Re: favicon missing on firefox bookmark

    select use custom setting

    uncheck start in private browsing mode

    uncheck everything else except remember cookies and clear history when
    firefox closes

+ Reply to Thread