(Java)Script in combination with MathML not executed by Firefox3.0.11 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on (Java)Script in combination with MathML not executed by Firefox3.0.11 - Mozilla ; Hello all, I just started as a web developer and I'm particularly interested in publishing some of my math related content on the web, so therefore I 'use' MathML in combination with XHTML. So far the rendering of formulas is ...

  1. (Java)Script in combination with MathML not executed by Firefox3.0.11

    Hello all,

    I just started as a web developer and I'm particularly interested in
    publishing some of my math related content on the web, so therefore I
    'use' MathML in combination with XHTML. So far the rendering of
    formulas is working in both FF and IE, but now when I want to execute
    a JavaScript as part of a web page that contains formulas in FF, it
    doesn't work while it does work in IE8 (albeit not entirely correct).
    I don't see why. Can someone help me out here? I allow execution of
    JavaScript in the browser so that'snot the problem at least... I think
    it has something to do with my code, but I'm not sure... Here it is:

    (Example Code):

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/xhtml-math11-f.dtd">

    XTHML with MATHML

    =
    0

    10

    (
    4
    ×
    )

    2

    Thanks in advance for any comments,

    greetz DaniŽl.

  2. Re: (Java)Script in combination with MathML not executed by Firefox3.0.11

    > The w3-validator didn't complain about my

    I added the CDATA elements and that solves indeed the error mesages
    you get when validating the original code with the w3-validator, but
    the script is still not executed by FF.... Looking at the error
    console it states the following:

    Fout: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Operation is not supported"
    code: "9" nsresult: "0x80530009 (NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR)"
    location: "file:///C:/Users/Dani%C3%ABl/Desktop/MathML%20+
    %20JavaScript/Math_Example_2_2.xhtml Line: 57"]

    Any ideas on that?

    Greetz DaniŽl

  3. Re: (Java)Script in combination with MathML not executed by Firefox3.0.11

    > The document.write problem is not a validation issue. *See, for example,http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2004/xhtml-faq#docwrite

    reply: I found what's wrong with it and I'm gonna look for an
    alternative.

    Thx for the help

  4. Re: (Java)Script in combination with MathML not executed by Firefox3.0.11

    On 30 jun, 09:35, tjoen wrote:
    > C A Upsdell wrote:
    >
    > [xhtml]
    >
    > > tjoen wrote:
    > >>

    > > See, for example,
    > >http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2004/xhtml-faq#docwrite

    > The script is from before xhtml. I am asking myself if
    > I need to change it. Maybe writeln is legal.
    >
    > Looking for an example on a javascript tutorial site I found:
    >

      > * *
    • This page was last modified 05:54, 11 May 2008.

    • >

    > Not really what I am looking for ;-)

    Just a quick response to this;

    I found out through the help of others that it's not possible to
    combine XHTML with document.write. It says so on the website of W3C.
    But there appears to be a work aound in the form of a custom made
    JavaScript. It's called InnerXHTML.... I quickly tried to use it
    yesterday on above script but it didn't work in my case :-( ... Maybe
    I'm gonna look into it a little more today, but we'll have to see
    about that :-).

+ Reply to Thread