mail to link not starting a new message in Outlook express - Mozilla

This is a discussion on mail to link not starting a new message in Outlook express - Mozilla ; My machine downloaded the new version of internet explorer. It then changed the mail to function in firefox. It was trying to run (and crash) outlook. I changed this to outlook express. But it points to the .exe file and ...

  1. mail to link not starting a new message in Outlook express

    My machine downloaded the new version of internet explorer. It then
    changed the mail to function in firefox. It was trying to run (and
    crash) outlook. I changed this to outlook express. But it points to
    the .exe file and just ends up bringing the program to the front
    window and doesn't open a new email with the to/subject filled in as
    it used to do. Does anyone know how to change the settings in
    application settings of firefox?
    thanks!
    amber

  2. Re: mail to link not starting a new message in Outlook express

    On 2 May, 01:41, Rom <-...@-.invalid> wrote:
    > On Fri, 1 May 2009 12:46:33 -0700 (PDT), Amber wrote:
    > > My machine downloaded the new version of internet explorer. It then
    > > changed the mail to function in firefox. It was trying to run (and
    > > crash) outlook. I changed this to outlook express. But it points to
    > > the .exe file and just ends up bringing the program to the front
    > > window and doesn't open a new email with the to/subject filled in as
    > > it used to do. Does anyone know how to change the settings in
    > > application settings of firefox?

    > Try the first URL below. The other URLs are for some more info.
    >
    > You can also try going to Start > Run then type:
    > mailto:t...@example.invalid *and click OK. If a new email message
    > opens with the To: field populated it works, then cancel the message.
    >
    > "Changing the e-mail program used by Firefox":
    >

    > "How to Make Outlook Express Your Default Windows Email Program":
    >

    > "OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express
    > as Default":
    >
    > --
    > Rom

    This one worked:
    "How to Make Outlook Express Your Default Windows Email Program":

    Thanks!! I had set it up in IE I thought it would translate across.
    Thanks again.
    amber

+ Reply to Thread