Re: How do I clear out web browsing sites - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: How do I clear out web browsing sites - Mozilla ; On Apr 20, 8:51*pm, "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote: > mpddberry wrote: > > I am running Firefox 3.0.8. *I have cleared out all private data but in > > the navigation bar, my recently visited websites are still there. *How ...

  1. Re: How do I clear out web browsing sites

    wrote:
    > mpddberry wrote:
    > > I am running Firefox 3.0.8. *I have cleared out all private data but in
    > > the navigation bar, my recently visited websites are still there. *How
    > > do I clear out my navigation bar history?

    > > Thanks,

    > > Mike

    > The Navigation bar 'history' is not cleared with Private Data settings

    Yes, it is cleared when you clear your privacy settings (unless you
    are talking about default settings perhaps).

    What you are seeing most likely that is causing you this confusion is
    bookmarks, not history. Is there a yellow star in the address bar
    when you are seeing these entries after clearing your history? If so,
    it's bookmarks and that's come up in the past and if that is the case
    I'll see if I can dig out a previous thread where I and others explain
    this.

    JB

  2. Re: How do I clear out web browsing sites

    On Apr 20, 10:12*pm, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    wrote:
    > Fox on the run wrote:
    >

    > > On Apr 20, 8:51 pm, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    > > wrote:
    > >> The Navigation bar 'history' is not cleared with Private Data settings

    > > Yes, it is cleared when you clear your privacy settings (unless you
    > > are talking about default settings perhaps).

    > > What you are seeing most likely that is causing you this confusion is
    > > bookmarks, not history. *Is there a yellow star in the address bar
    > > when you are seeing these entries after clearing your history? *If so,
    > > it's bookmarks and that's come up in the past and if that is the case
    > > I'll see if I can dig out a previous thread where I and others explain
    > > this.

    > > JB

    > No, the Navigation Bar dropdown is NOT cleared when you clear private
    > data, and that is what he is talking about.
    >
    > Yes, they ARE bookmarks, but they can be cleared by using the other
    > suggestions in my original post.

    I didn't get the impression he was talking about clicking on the pull
    down menu. Maybe he was. I tried the shift-del option but it doesn't
    remove them. When I first cleared my history it worked other than my
    bookmarks are still showing up in that pull down list (but not my
    history). The shift-del is not removing them from that list.

    JB

+ Reply to Thread