On Apr 17, 2:03*pm, Rick wrote:
> I am very unhapply about how usernames and
> passwords are handled in 3.08! Every time I go to
> sign in to a site, I first have to look up the
> username I use on that site. When I have that, I
> *may* have the password filled in automatically,
> or not, depending on whether or not that info was
> included when the password manager passed the info
> at the time *I upgraded from 2.0.0.21. I am about
> to go back to 2.x because it worked as I expected.
> I have remember passwords marked in options and no
> master password, I have read several FAQs on
> passwords, which seemed to be geared towards 3.01.
> Am I missing something. Isn't the user name
> supposed to be filled in automatically as it was
> with 2.x?
>
> Rick

Yes, and it is for me. Some sites may not allow the password to be
saved. From what I've read from prior postings I seem to recall that
this is a request on the part of the site and it's up to the browser
to respect that request or not. Firefox respects that request (and I
don't doubt the other key browsers also do so). So that could be one
reason why the password is not saved. Also when you do go to a site
that requires authentication, do you click on the REMEMBER button in
the toolbar that appears atop the browsing window when you do log in?
If not, that explains it.

JB