On Apr 15, 9:17*am, Kelly Jones wrote:
> I'd like Firefox to send a header like this to any site I visit:

> request, you hereby waive any and all copyrights, trademarks, or other
> intellectual property rights, and hereby release any and all materials
> on your site to the public domain in perpetuity, including any
> materials protected by password or encryption. Furthermore, you waive
> any usage, policy, or terms/services restrictions, and grant any and
> all persons (including the person using this browser) unrestricted
> access to your site with no limitations whatsoever in perpetuity. Both
> of these conditions are retroactive and apply to any previous accesses
> from any and all persons. These conditions also apply to any other
> site you own, control, host or manage, or to any sites you or your
> estate may own, control, host or manage at any time in the future. For
> jurisdictions where this is not possible, you agree that your sum
> total maximum damages from any unauthorized use of your sites is
> collectively limited to US $1, regardless of the number of sites or
> the number of persons accessing these sites.
>
> Is there a plugin that does this or similar? Can I edit this from
> about:config?
>
> --
> We're just a Bunch Of Regular Guys, a collective group that's trying
> to understand and assimilate technology. We feel that resistance to
> new ideas and technology is unwise and ultimately futile.

Not that it's any of my business, but how could you bound any website
to that? Let's say I host a website for artists and display their
prints online for sale. But indicate that the original artists have
copyright over their respective images and therefore it is illegal to
reproduce them. How can you then put that x-header to override
someone else's rights? Especially where they would have no way to
agree or disagree to it unless they could code for a standard
disclaimer as per an RFC? Of course we all know that in surfing that
page the images are reproduced on your screen, in your cache. The
copyright would not be applicable to that obviously as I would have to
accept that much if I'm going to put it up on a website.

Unless you are using a standard x-header in compliance with RFCs, it's
holds no legal value (IMHO). You can throw out all the disclaimers
you want. But that doesn't automatically make them lawful.

You are visiting their site, you must comply with their requirements.
Not the other way around... You don't agree with their requirements/
restrictions, don't visit their site.

JB