Trojan in Firefox 3.0.9 GB For Windows? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Trojan in Firefox 3.0.9 GB For Windows? - Mozilla ; When I download this: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/ni....installer.exe AVG complains that it has the Downloader.Banload.AJZI trojan. Anyone else seeing this? (I know it could be a false positive). -- Sven...

  1. Trojan in Firefox 3.0.9 GB For Windows?

    --
    Sven

  2. Re: Trojan in Firefox 3.0.9 GB For Windows?

    On Apr 11, 8:45*am, "Jordon Bedwell" wrote:
    > No, I followed your link and my AV (Comodo and Malwarebytes) did not flag
    > it.

    Cheers.

    A couple of online scanners suggested it was clean as well so I've
    sent an email to AVG.

    --
    Sven

  3. Re: Trojan in Firefox 3.0.9 GB For Windows?

    On Apr 11, 3:09*pm, "G. R. Woodring" wrote:
    > It is very likely to be a false positive because you report to have downloded
    > directly from Mozilla.

    I emailed AVG and they got back saying it was a false positive:
    "Unfortunately, the previous virus database might have detected the
    mentioned virus on some legitimate applications" and they've already
    issued an update to fix the problem.

    Obviously I would hope applications on Mozilla's servers are clean but
    one must always be vigilant just in case.

    --
    Sven

+ Reply to Thread