Firefox on Mac and minimising window - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox on Mac and minimising window - Mozilla ; Hi I'm running OSX and have Firefox 3.07 running and noticed a curious thing. When I minimise or close the Firefox window using either the red or yellow buttons at the top left of the window, Firefox minimises, but all ...

  1. Firefox on Mac and minimising window

    Hi

    I'm running OSX and have Firefox 3.07 running and noticed a curious
    thing. When I minimise or close the Firefox window using either the
    red or yellow buttons at the top left of the window, Firefox
    minimises, but all the menus disappear, except the "Firefox" one. If I
    "right click" on the Firefox ion in the bar at the bottom, I see a
    tick for the window, but no text next to it. I cannot then open a
    window unless I select "About Mozilla Firefox", which then shows all
    the menus again, and I can then select open new window.

    How do I stop this from happening?

  2. Re: Firefox on Mac and minimising window

    im having the same problem after updating firefox this morning

  3. Re: Firefox on Mac and minimising window

    On Mar 29, 6:06*pm, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > ikeyj...@googlemail.com wrote:
    > > im having the same problem after updating firefox this morning

    > When I close 3.0.8 with multiple tabs open, while the close multiple
    > tabs dialog is open, the menu bar is blank. *However, when the window
    > closes, it is restored. If I close with only one tab open, the menu bar
    > stays.
    >
    > Still, I don't see this as a real problem, as long as, when you click
    > the **** icon again, a FF window opens up. *That will restore the menu
    > bar. *If it does not, there is a more serious problem afoot.
    >
    > Lee

    I also get this behaviour on 3.0.8 on Mac. When I've closed all the
    windows, and the program is still active, Mac behaviour should be that
    Firefox opens a new window. However, when I ctrl-click on the icon, I
    have a window without a title, and a blank tick next to it. When I do
    have other windows open, I have a blank window that appears at the
    bottom of all of the other windows I have open.

  4. Re: Firefox on Mac and minimising window

    On Mar 23, 9:09*am, gregle...@googlemail.com wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm running OSX and have Firefox 3.07 running and noticed a curious
    > thing. When I minimise or close the Firefox window using either the
    > red or yellow buttons at the top left of the window, Firefox
    > minimises, but all the menus disappear, except the "Firefox" one. If I
    > "right click" on the Firefox ion in the bar at the bottom, I see a
    > tick for the window, but no text next to it. I cannot then open a
    > window unless I select "About Mozilla Firefox", which then shows all
    > the menus again, and I can then select open new window.
    >
    > How do I stop this from happening?

    I have just fixed why this happens to me. I had the FoxTab extension
    installed, which introduces this error.
    10.5.6 is apparently not yet supported.

+ Reply to Thread