Firefox Profile - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox Profile - Mozilla ; I am using Firefox 2.0.0.20 on an iMac G3/400 with Jaguar 10.2.8. I plan to format, then install Panther 10.3. This will require a new install of FF 2.0.0.20. If I save my current profile, can I just replace the ...

  1. Firefox Profile

    I am using Firefox 2.0.0.20 on an iMac G3/400 with Jaguar 10.2.8. I
    plan to format, then install Panther 10.3. This will require a new
    install of FF 2.0.0.20. If I save my current profile, can I just
    replace the new profile folder when I install FF on Panther with the
    backup profile folder so I have the same functionality (eg extensions,
    plugins, bookmarks, about:config settings) that I am now using with
    Jaguar or will I have to re-configure everything? I am not that much
    of a techie so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

  2. Re: Firefox Profile

    On Mar 17, 6:46*am, pixturesk wrote:
    > I am using Firefox 2.0.0.20 on an iMac G3/400 with Jaguar 10.2.8. I
    > plan to format, then install Panther 10.3. This will require a new
    > install of FF 2.0.0.20. If I save my current profile, can I just
    > replace the new profile folder when I install FF on Panther with the
    > backup profile folder so I have the same functionality (eg extensions,
    > plugins, bookmarks, about:config settings) that I am now using with
    > Jaguar or will I have to re-configure everything? I am not that much
    > of a techie so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

    This should provide you with the info you need:
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

    If you require clarification beyond that please don't hesitate to post
    back with further questions.

    JB

  3. Re: Firefox Profile

    On Mar 17, 9:21 am, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > pixturesk wrote:
    > > I am using Firefox 2.0.0.20 on an iMac G3/400 with Jaguar 10.2.8. I
    > > plan to format, then install Panther 10.3. This will require a new
    > > install of FF 2.0.0.20. If I save my current profile, can I just
    > > replace the new profile folder when I install FF on Panther with the
    > > backup profile folder so I have the same functionality (eg extensions,
    > > plugins, bookmarks, about:config settings) that I am now using with
    > > Jaguar or will I have to re-configure everything? I am not that much
    > > of a techie so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

    > One thing I would look at before embarking on this, is the version to
    > which you are upgrading. Your machine ought to be able to handle Tiger,
    > which will also handle the newer versions of Firefox, Thunderbird, and
    > SeaMonkey. Since Panther has been out of support for quite a while now,
    > I might take a look at skipping it, in favor of Tiger.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks Lee but Tiger is a bit too much for my iMac G3/400, 320 megs of
    ram, requires more ram, quicker processor. Panther is the optimal
    operating system + there is still much support for Panther especially
    in Apple discussion groups. I continue to use FF 2.0.0.20 on my
    Win98SE pc, works great.

+ Reply to Thread