On Feb 20, 5:02*pm, Q wrote:
> In ,
>
> John Campbell wrote:
> > My windows Vista locked up and I had to have it reinstalled. I save
> > all the C drive stuff on a separate drive. In other words all of the
> > Users information is still on the separate drive.

> > I would like to import or copy the bookmarks from the old Firefox User
> > file to the the bookmarks entries in the restored program. (I can not
> > export anything from the old Firefox)

> > How can I get the old bookmarks into the restored Firefox.

> In the old profile folder[1], you'll find a directory called
> "bookmarkbackups". *In it should be some dated .json files -- use the
> most recent .json file. *In the new Firefox,
>
> Bookmarks Organize Bookmarks Import and Backup Restore Choose File
>
> Then navigate to that .json file and open it.
>
> That will overwrite whatever bookmarks you have in your current (new)
> setup -- if you have new bookmarks you want to keep, export them as
> html first, then import them after restoring from the json file. *(html
> import and export are also in that "Import and Backup" menu.)
>
> [1]http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Profiles
>
> --
> Q * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */"\
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ASCII Ribbon Campaign * * *\ /
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *against html e-mail * * * *X

I seemed to recall people saying that it does not overwrite your
bookmarks when you restore bookmarks but rather adds them. Easiest is
to simply copy the files from the profile folder (including sub-
folders) into the new profile folder. That way he is back in business
complete with all the saved passwords (if applicable), history, forms
info, cookies, etc.

JB