Firefox not working with Yahoo! Mail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox not working with Yahoo! Mail - Mozilla ; I've just discovered that, after the latest automatic update, Yahoo! Mail no longer works. I only realised the issue had nothing to do with Yahoo! when I checked my Hotmail account and discovered that wasn't working either. No mails load ...

  1. Firefox not working with Yahoo! Mail

    I've just discovered that, after the latest automatic update, Yahoo!
    Mail no longer works. I only realised the issue had nothing to do with
    Yahoo! when I checked my Hotmail account and discovered that wasn't
    working either.

    No mails load in Yahoo! Mail at all.

    Javascript is enabled in my instance of Firefox so I am unsure what's
    going on here.

  2. Re: Firefox not working with Yahoo! Mail

    On Nov 16, 12:21 pm, Rob wrote:
    > signo...@googlemail.com wrote:
    > > I've just discovered that, after the latest automatic update, Yahoo!
    > > Mail no longer works. I only realised the issue had nothing to do with
    > > Yahoo! when I checked my Hotmail account and discovered that wasn't
    > > working either.

    > > No mails load in Yahoo! Mail at all.

    > > Javascript is enabled in my instance of Firefox so I am unsure what's
    > > going on here.

    > I've got 2.0.0.18 working without any problems with Yahoo mail, under Linux
    > [Mandriva 2008.1]
    >
    > Have you actually got Internet access? Can you get to other web sites with
    > Firefox? Some firewalls have problems after an application has been
    > updated. Make sure your firewall is recognising the new FF version. If
    > not, then clear the firefox entry in your firewall program list and try
    > access to a web site again. This *should* then allow FF to get through if
    > there is a working connection!
    >
    > If this does not work then see if Internet Explorer is working properly - if
    > not then I would guess your Internet access has a problem. If IE is fine
    > than the firewall recognition (above) is a very likely reason...
    >
    > After trying these suggestions, let us know what happens.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Rob.

    There's nothing the matter with my internet access. Indeed if there
    were I wouldn't have been able to post my message to begin with.
    Via Internet Explorer I can use Yahoo! Mail quite easily so the issue
    is clearly browser related. I checked that the latest Firefox update
    hadn't disabled my Javascript use but that is not the case.
    If I new how to roll-back to the pre-update version I probably would.

  3. Re: Firefox not working with Yahoo! Mail

    On Nov 16, 4:36*pm, squaredancer wrote:
    > On 16.11.2008 16:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused *
    > signo...@googlemail.com to generate the following:? :

    > >> I've got 2.0.0.18 working without any problems withYahoomail, under Linux
    > >> [Mandriva 2008.1]

    > >> Have you actually got Internet access? Can you get to other web sites with
    > >> Firefox? *Some firewalls have problems after an application has been
    > >> updated. Make sure your firewall is recognising the new FF version. *If
    > >> not, then clear the firefox entry in your firewall program list and try
    > >> access to a web site again. This *should* then allow FF to get throughif
    > >> there is a working connection!

    > >> If this does not work then see if Internet Explorer is working properly - if
    > >> not then I would guess your Internet access has a problem. *If IE isfine
    > >> than the firewall recognition (above) is a very likely reason...

    > >> After trying these suggestions, let us know what happens.

    > >> HTH

    > >> * * * * Rob.

    > > There's nothing the matter with my internet access. Indeed if there
    > > were I wouldn't have been able to post my message to begin with.
    > > Via Internet Explorer I can useYahoo!Mailquite easily so the issue
    > > is clearly browser related. I checked that the latest Firefox update
    > > hadn't disabled my Javascript use but that is not the case.
    > > If I new how to roll-back to the pre-update version I probably would.

    > nothing I like better than helping users who think updates are *not*
    > god's gift to mankind!
    >
    > old versions can be installed from here:http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.htm
    >
    > reg

    Guys,

    Problem solved. I upgraded to very latest version: 3.04 and the
    problem went away like a fist becoming a hand.

    Rob

  4. Re: Firefox not working with Yahoo! Mail

    On Nov 17, 5:04 am, "signo...@googlemail.com"
    wrote:
    > On Nov 16, 4:36 pm, squaredancer wrote:
    >

    > > On 16.11.2008 16:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused
    > > signo...@googlemail.com to generate the following:? :

    > > > There's nothing the matter with my internet access. Indeed if there
    > > > were I wouldn't have been able to post my message to begin with.
    > > > Via Internet Explorer I can useYahoo!Mailquite easily so the issue
    > > > is clearly browser related. I checked that the latest Firefox update
    > > > hadn't disabled my Javascript use but that is not the case.
    > > > If I new how to roll-back to the pre-update version I probably would.

    > > nothing I like better than helping users who think updates are *not*
    > > god's gift to mankind!

    > > old versions can be installed from here:http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.htm

    > > reg

    > Guys,
    >
    > Problem solved. I upgraded to very latest version: 3.04 and the
    > problem went away like a fist becoming a hand.
    >
    > Rob

    "problem solved"? maybe, what about the reason for this problem? I'm
    using FF2.0 and it used to work with Yahoo-mail, until about 2 or 3
    weeks ago. Right now I've to resort to IE6 when needing to check my
    yahoo-mail. But I still like to know why before upgrading to FF3.0

+ Reply to Thread