Auto advance in tabbed email viewing - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Auto advance in tabbed email viewing - Mozilla ; Does anyone know how to configure Thunderbird 3 to automatically advance to the next message in a message tab when delete is hit? It seems to require clicking delete and then >> on the main toolbar. This is pretty clumsy ...

  1. Auto advance in tabbed email viewing

    Does anyone know how to configure Thunderbird 3 to automatically
    advance to the next message in a message tab when delete is hit? It
    seems to require clicking delete and then >> on the main toolbar.
    This is pretty clumsy and negates a lot of the the advantages of
    tabbed viewing. I am hoping to make it work like the old method,
    advancing to the next message on delete. It would be ideal to close
    the tab when there are no more unread messages.

    Thanks.

    Paul

  2. Re: Auto advance in tabbed email viewing

    On Jan 19, 7:09*am, PBAnderson wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to configure Thunderbird 3 to automatically
    > advance to the next message in a message tab when delete is hit? *It
    > seems to require clicking delete and then >> on the main toolbar.
    > This is pretty clumsy and negates a lot of the the advantages of
    > tabbed viewing. *I am hoping to make it work like the old method,
    > advancing to the next message on delete. *It would be ideal to close
    > the tab when there are no more unread messages.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Paul

    As an add-on note, the desired auto-advance behavior above occurs when
    the unread messages are NOT in Inbox. That is, the problem only
    seems to occur when reading messages in Inbox.

  3. Re: Auto advance in tabbed email viewing

    On Jan 19, 12:51*pm, Tarkus wrote:
    > On 1/19/2010 5:31 AM, PBAnderson wrote:
    >
    > > On Jan 19, 7:09 am, PBAnderson *wrote:
    > >> Does anyone know how to configure Thunderbird 3 to automatically
    > >> advance to the next message in a message tab when delete is hit? *It
    > >> seems to require clicking delete and then>> *on the main toolbar.
    > >> This is pretty clumsy and negates a lot of the the advantages of
    > >> tabbed viewing. *I am hoping to make it work like the old method,
    > >> advancing to the next message on delete. *It would be ideal to close
    > >> the tab when there are no more unread messages.

    > > As an add-on note, the desired auto-advance behavior above occurs when
    > > the unread messages are NOT in Inbox. * That is, the problem only
    > > seems to occur when reading messages in Inbox.

    > I generally only use the one default tab, but deleting a message (even
    > in the Inbox) *does* advance to the next message for me. *Have you tried
    > using TB3's Safe Mode, to see if one of your extensions is causing the
    > problem?

    I disabled Adblock plus, Sun Cult, Extra Folder Columns but the result
    is still the same. I'm running on a Mac by the way. Have not tried
    it under Linux or Windows.

+ Reply to Thread