bcc list after sent? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on bcc list after sent? - Mozilla ; just installed the new Thunderbird, and it no longer shows in the sent message, the list of email addresses that you sent a BCC to. anyone know if that can be done. They always were listed in the older Thunderbird ...

  1. bcc list after sent?

    just installed the new Thunderbird, and it no longer shows in the sent
    message, the list of email addresses that you sent a BCC to.
    anyone know if that can be done. They always were listed in the older
    Thunderbird version.
    Thx

  2. Re: bcc list after sent?

    On Jan 16, 11:49*am, "BCC list?" wrote:
    > just installed the new Thunderbird, and it no longer shows in the sent
    > message, the list of email addresses that you sent a BCC to.
    > anyone know if that can be done. *They always were listed in the older
    > Thunderbird version.
    > Thx

    In Thunderbird 3.0, select one of your sent messages that you know
    included some BCCs, and then "View --> Message Source" (Ctrl+u). You
    should see the listing of the BCC header. It is found (still
    unexpectedly to me!) near the top of the display, just under some X-
    Mozilla headers.

    If you *do* see your BCCs there, but they are not shown in the normal
    or full headers views in the usual headers pane, then that is a
    display settings problem. I have not encountered any difficulty in
    seeing the BCCs displayed in all my sent messages in both Thunderbird
    2 and Thunderbird 3.

    HTH,
    Charlie

  3. Re: bcc list after sent?

    On 1/16/2010 10:10 PM, BCC list? wrote:

    >Thx Charlie. Did as you instructed but they are not on the Message
    >Source. It still shows as undisclosed recipients.
    >I had no difficulty in TB2, but had to reinstall my computer and it
    >gave me TB3. I doubt I can go back to TB 2 now? I need to be able to
    >check the BCC's so this is frustrating.

    The only place that I have ever seen "undisclosed-recipients:;" is in
    the TO header of a received message where there was no email address
    in the TO header of the message as sent by the sender. I've never
    seen it in a BCC header of a sent message.

    Since you had to reinstall, are you sure that you still have all your
    mail folders from your earlier TB2 setup? If the sent folders were
    lost, that could account for no longer being able to access the BCC
    info on messages.

    I don't see why you could not uninstall TB3 and install TB2 instead to
    see if that gets you what you want. I would suggest making a good
    backup of all your TB profile and emails that you have before trying
    that.

    Mozbackup is good for making backups of TB and Firefox installations.
    http://download.cnet.com/MozBackup/3...-10260383.html

    Charlie

  4. Re: bcc list after sent?

    Charlie -- View source does not show anything.
    In fact I went back to an email that I sent with TB2 that I know I was
    able to view the list of recipients that I had sent to and in TB3 I
    can't see it and Ctrl+u (view source) shows nothing.

    Miles -- have you seen a fix for this yet? I agree with you that this
    is bizarre that I am not allowed to go back to SEE the list that I
    sent to.

    To Anyone -- What are we missing here? Or is this a bug?

    I am seriously thinking about going back to TB2 if I can't get this
    resolved.

+ Reply to Thread