Re: TB2 -> TB3 in corporate environment - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: TB2 -> TB3 in corporate environment - Mozilla ; The new features I'm using HEAVILY in my company are: - Open a full thread in a tab (using the Gmail Conversation View addon) - Global search - Full-fledged calendar management with new Lighting addon (requires TB3) - Mails in ...

  1. Re: TB2 -> TB3 in corporate environment

    The new features I'm using HEAVILY in my company are:
    - Open a full thread in a tab (using the Gmail Conversation View
    addon)
    - Global search
    - Full-fledged calendar management with new Lighting addon (requires
    TB3)
    - Mails in tabs
    - Less resource consumption

    These alone were sufficient drivers for migration.

    My 5cts!

  2. Re: TB2 -> TB3 in corporate environment

    I'm sorry but I haven't noted figures, but from my experience at work
    and at home (4 years old Celeron on XP), I've noted that less memory
    is consumed than in TB2, and the overall response time is better. With
    one exception : the folder panel is redrawn with some latency with the
    Celeron, and the time to display a message is a little bit longer than
    in TB2, but still acceptable (I have seen some posts complaining about
    unbearable response times with TB3, but that is not my own
    experience).

    Of course, you should wait for and test the next version to be
    released very soon (before the end of the month), TB3.01, correcting a
    lot of youth issues, and hopefully all migration issues met so far
    (they were some...)

    Last, to be honest, I'm not using TB3 at work as the official
    corporate tool (it is Outlook 2003), so I have no experience about
    rolling out TB3 to a large number of users.

    Hope this helps anyway.

+ Reply to Thread