Disable Thunderbird 3's show "more" email addresses feature? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Disable Thunderbird 3's show "more" email addresses feature? - Mozilla ; Hey, In Thunderbird 3 if I receive an email that's been sent to more than 2 people instead of showing these other addresses Thunderbird puts a little link titled "more" and I have to click on this to show the ...

  1. Disable Thunderbird 3's show "more" email addresses feature?

    Hey,

    In Thunderbird 3 if I receive an email that's been sent to more than 2
    people instead of showing these other addresses Thunderbird puts a
    little link titled "more" and I have to click on this to show the rest
    of the recipients.

    I'm wondering how to turn this off, and have Thunderbird show me all
    the addresses from the start, like with 2.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Disable Thunderbird 3's show "more" email addresses feature?

    On Jan 15, 9:18*am, "mtx...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > In Thunderbird 3 if I receive an email that's been sent to more than 2
    > people instead of showing these other addresses Thunderbird puts a
    > little link titled "more" and I have to click on this to show the rest
    > of the recipients.
    >
    > I'm wondering how to turn this off, and have Thunderbird show me all
    > the addresses from the start, like with 2.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I just upgraded to thunderbird3 and find the feature of show more
    email addresses a bit annoying.I would like to see who were the
    recipients without having to click on more any time.Is there an option
    to disable this.?

    Thanks
    Sumant

  3. Re: Disable Thunderbird 3's show "more" email addresses feature?

    I hacked the messenger.jar to fix the problem. If you up to it,

    1. find your messenger.jar
    2. unzip mailWidgets.xml from the jar
    3. look for maxAddressesBeforeMore in the file and replace 1 with 10
    4. rezip the file into messenger.jar
    5. restart thunderbird-3

    more details here:
    http://blog.vinay-srini.com/2010/02/...number-of.html

    regards,
    Vinay Srini.

    On Feb 18, 12:35*am, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > On 2/18/2010 1:57 AM, Wayne Mery wrote:

    > >> I just upgraded to thunderbird3 and find the feature of show more
    > >> email addresses a bit annoying.I would like to see who were the
    > >> recipients without having to click on more any time.Is there an option
    > >> to disable this.?

    > >> Thanks
    > >> Sumant

    > > I don't know of an option to disable. However, there is work in progress
    > > to improve the behavior in this area.

    > I find it easier to just click on 'view/ message source' if I want to
    > see everything. *Of course, it isn't as neatly formatted....
    >
    > --
    > Ron Hunter -- rphun...@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread