Sometimes emails open in the middle of the email instead of the top(TBird 3.0) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sometimes emails open in the middle of the email instead of the top(TBird 3.0) - Mozilla ; Does anybody else occasionally see a problem where emails open in the middle of the email, instead of displaying the top of the email? It might be associated with long email threads, but I'm not exactly sure. I'm using TBird ...

  1. Sometimes emails open in the middle of the email instead of the top(TBird 3.0)

    Does anybody else occasionally see a problem where emails open in the
    middle of the email, instead of displaying the top of the email? It
    might be associated with long email threads, but I'm not exactly
    sure. I'm using TBird 3.0 on Windows XP.

    Ben

  2. Re: Sometimes emails open in the middle of the email instead of thetop (TBird 3.0)

    On Jan 12, 1:37*pm, "Terry R." wrote:
    > On 1/12/2010 9:58 AM On a whim, bslade pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    > > Does anybody else occasionally see a problem where emails open in the
    > > middle of the email, instead of displaying the top of the email? * It
    > > might be associated with long email threads, but I'm not exactly
    > > sure. *I'm using TBird 3.0 on Windows XP.

    > > Ben

    > Hi Ben,
    >
    > TB defaults to replying below the quote, unless you change the settings
    > to reply above the quoted material. Is that where your cursor is winding
    > up? *Never seen it placed in the "middle".
    >
    > Terry R.
    > --
    > Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    > Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

    I'm not replying to the email, but just reading it. When I read the
    next email in a long thread, it opens the email in the middle of the
    email. But these are "top reply" emails. I wonder if TBird is
    trying to be smart and is looking for a response in the bottom of the
    email which isn't there?

    Ben

  3. Re: Sometimes emails open in the middle of the email instead of thetop (TBird 3.0)

    On Jan 12, 4:18*pm, bslade wrote:
    > On Jan 12, 1:37*pm, "Terry R." wrote:
    >

    > > On 1/12/2010 9:58 AM On a whim, bslade pounded out on the keyboard

    > > > Does anybody else occasionally see a problem where emails open in the
    > > > middle of the email, instead of displaying the top of the email? * It
    > > > might be associated with long email threads, but I'm not exactly
    > > > sure. *I'm using TBird 3.0 on Windows XP.

    > > > Ben

    > > Hi Ben,

    > > TB defaults to replying below the quote, unless you change the settings
    > > to reply above the quoted material. Is that where your cursor is winding
    > > up? *Never seen it placed in the "middle".

    > > Terry R.
    > > --
    > > Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    > > Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

    > I'm not replying to the email, but just reading it. * When I read the
    > next email in a long thread, it opens the email in the middle of the
    > email. * But these are "top reply" emails. * I wonder if TBird is
    > trying to be smart and is looking for a response in the bottom of the
    > email which isn't there?
    >
    > Ben

    Dooohh, never mind. I had used control-f to search for text within an
    email, but then left that search active. Whenever I would come to an
    email that would find that string, it was positioning the email at the
    first occurrence of the string.

    Thanks for you help anyway.

    ben

+ Reply to Thread