How do I search newsgroups the way I search mail in TB3? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How do I search newsgroups the way I search mail in TB3? - Mozilla ; Hi all, I'm really liking the way that a search across all mail content in TB3 will give me a breakdown including graphs and ways to further facet my search by sender, folder, etc. Very nice! Now can anyone tell ...

  1. How do I search newsgroups the way I search mail in TB3?

    Hi all,

    I'm really liking the way that a search across all mail content in TB3
    will give me a breakdown including graphs and ways to further facet my
    search by sender, folder, etc. Very nice!

    Now can anyone tell me how to get all that cool searchy goodness going
    for NNTP? In particular, I'm actually after the stats-breakdown on a
    certain search term in a set of NNTP newsgroups over time. I've been
    unable to get anything except the TB2-style search to work for
    newsgroups. I tried making sure all the newsgroup content was cached
    locally... That didn't seem to help.

    Thanks,
    Bret

  2. Re: How do I search newsgroups the way I search mail in TB3?

    On Jan 11, 2:21*pm, Bret Mogilefsky wrote:
    > Now can anyone tell me how to get all that cool searchy goodness going
    > for NNTP? In particular, I'm actually after the stats-breakdown on a
    > certain search term in a set of NNTP newsgroups over time. I've been
    > unable to get anything except the TB2-style search to work for
    > newsgroups. *I tried making sure all the newsgroup content was cached
    > locally... That didn't seem to help.

    I'll mention that I also tried performing the search while offline,
    and only got results returned from mail, not news.

    Based on more investigation, I've just tried the glodaquilla
    Thunderbird add-on (http://mesquilla.com/2009/11/06/inherited-folder-
    properties-revisited/). From that post it looks like it would do
    exactly what I want, but I found that it only offers the "inherited
    properties" dialog on mail accounts/folders.

    The search continues...

+ Reply to Thread