viewing email headers - Mozilla

This is a discussion on viewing email headers - Mozilla ; Is there a way for TB3 to display the headers for emails as a flexible/ elastic panel rather than a fixed height panel that relies on scrollbars? My preference is to always expand the "To" list so that I can ...

  1. viewing email headers

    Is there a way for TB3 to display the headers for emails as a flexible/
    elastic panel rather than a fixed height panel that relies on
    scrollbars?

    My preference is to always expand the "To" list so that I can see the
    entire list without having to scroll. Actually, ideally, the headers
    and body should be in the same panel controlled by 1 scrollbar. That
    is how Yahoo Mail (and probably others) implements it, and that works
    very nicely.

    TB3.0 on WinXP

  2. Re: viewing email headers

    On Jan 9, 2:50*am, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Don't take this wrong, but if you like Yahoo Mail, just use it.

    I do use Yahoo Mail a lot. But obviously I cannot use it offline, so
    that's why I am trying to use TB for offline.

    > If you
    > want to see the headers with the message, you can display plain text
    > emails using Control-U. *Then everything opens in a scrolling window.

    That is not a practical solution because 1) many emails are HTML
    format. 2) I don't want to see *all* of the headers, just the entirety
    of the "normal" headers.

    > Most of us do NOT want to see all the headers, so your request is pretty
    > much 'out in left field' from the norm.

    I'm not requesting to see all the headers. I have it set on View
    Normal Headers. When I click "more" in the To field, I would like the
    header panel to resize to fit the entire To field instead of just
    giving me scrollbars.

    I also checked out gmail's approach. When you click "Show Details", it
    will show the headers in the same scrollbar as the rest of the body. I
    think this would be the best approach for TB. When you click on
    "more", it should expand the header panel to fit rather than just add
    scrollbars.

+ Reply to Thread