The one Thunderbird feature I would modify - Mozilla

This is a discussion on The one Thunderbird feature I would modify - Mozilla ; This feature has been killing me for a loooong time. There are lots of font information, etc. in which I spend a substantial amount time (to create a more appealing e-mail message) and Thunderbird simply destroys it, sending the message ...

  1. The one Thunderbird feature I would modify

    This feature has been killing me for a loooong time. There are lots of
    font information, etc.
    in which I spend a substantial amount time (to create a more appealing
    e-mail message) and
    Thunderbird simply destroys it, sending the message as last century's
    Plain Text.

    I would like the "Prefers to receive messages formatted as" option to
    be HTML by default.

    In fact, is there a way to send every single e-mail formatted in HTML?

    A million thanks,

    -Ramon

  2. Re: The one Thunderbird feature I would modify

    On Dec 21, 6:03*pm, Blair Mahaffy wrote:
    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > > This feature has been killing me for a loooong time. There are lots of
    > > font information, etc.
    > > in which I spend a substantial amount time (to create a more appealing
    > > e-mail message) and
    > > Thunderbird simply destroys it, sending the message as last century's
    > > Plain Text.

    > > I would like the "Prefers to receive messages formatted as" option to
    > > be HTML by default.

    > > In fact, is there a way to send every single e-mail formatted in HTML?

    > > A million thanks,

    > > -Ramon

    > Yup!
    >
    > Go to Tools Options. On the options screen.
    > Click on the Composition button.
    > Click the Send Options button
    > In the dropdown select "Send messages in HTML anyway"

    A million thanks!

    -Ramon

  3. Re: The one Thunderbird feature I would modify

    On Dec 21, 6:03*pm, Blair Mahaffy wrote:
    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > > This feature has been killing me for a loooong time. There are lots of
    > > font information, etc.
    > > in which I spend a substantial amount time (to create a more appealing
    > > e-mail message) and
    > > Thunderbird simply destroys it, sending the message as last century's
    > > Plain Text.

    > > I would like the "Prefers to receive messages formatted as" option to
    > > be HTML by default.

    > > In fact, is there a way to send every single e-mail formatted in HTML?

    > > A million thanks,

    > > -Ramon

    > Yup!
    >
    > Go to Tools Options. On the options screen.
    > Click on the Composition button.
    > Click the Send Options button
    > In the dropdown select "Send messages in HTML anyway"

    What I need is a feature in which I am asked about "HTML domains" and
    I type something like *.com, *.edu, *.org, etc.

    -Ramon

  4. Re: The one Thunderbird feature I would modify

    On Dec 21, 6:21*pm, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > On Dec 21, 6:03*pm, Blair Mahaffy wrote:
    >

    > > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > > > This feature has been killing me for a loooong time. There are lots of
    > > > font information, etc.
    > > > in which I spend a substantial amount time (to create a more appealing
    > > > e-mail message) and
    > > > Thunderbird simply destroys it, sending the message as last century's
    > > > Plain Text.

    > > > I would like the "Prefers to receive messages formatted as" option to
    > > > be HTML by default.

    > > > In fact, is there a way to send every single e-mail formatted in HTML?

    > > > A million thanks,

    > > > -Ramon

    > > Yup!

    > > Go to Tools Options. On the options screen.
    > > Click on the Composition button.
    > > Click the Send Options button
    > > In the dropdown select "Send messages in HTML anyway"

    > What I need is a feature in which I am asked about "HTML domains" and
    > I type something like *.com, *.edu, *.org, etc.
    >
    > -Ramon

    Actually, this is what I really need:

    A way to edit my Address Book. I would change everybody from Plain
    Text
    to HTML.

    I also would like to copy my whole Address Book to my other computers.
    I tried "Export" but it was not quite the same thing has getting
    identical environments in both computers.

    -Ramon

  5. Re: The one Thunderbird feature I would modify

    On Dec 21, 6:31*pm, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > On Dec 21, 6:21*pm, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > > > Yup!

    > > > Go to Tools Options. On the options screen.
    > > > Click on the Composition button.
    > > > Click the Send Options button
    > > > In the dropdown select "Send messages in HTML anyway"

    > > What I need is a feature in which I am asked about "HTML domains" and
    > > I type something like *.com, *.edu, *.org, etc.

    > > -Ramon

    > Actually, this is what I really need:
    >

    > A way to edit my Address Book. I would change everybody from
    > Plain Text to HTML.

    What do you know!! I just discovered that the mysterious LDIF format
    is actually POT.

    I guess I can do a global search and replace on:

    mozillaUseHtmlMail = false

    and change to true.

    -Ramon

  6. Re: The one Thunderbird feature I would modify

    On Dec 21, 6:19*pm, Dave Royal wrote:
    > Blair Mahaffy wrote:
    > > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > >> This feature has been killing me for a loooong time. There are lots of
    > >> font information, etc.
    > >> in which I spend a substantial amount time (to create a more appealing
    > >> e-mail message) and
    > >> Thunderbird simply destroys it, sending the message as last century's
    > >> Plain Text.

    > >> I would like the "Prefers to receive messages formatted as" option to
    > >> be HTML by default.

    > >> In fact, is there a way to send every single e-mail formatted in HTML?

    > >> A million thanks,

    > >> -Ramon

    > > Yup!

    > > Go to Tools Options. On the options screen. Click on the Composition
    > > button.
    > > Click the Send Options button
    > > In the dropdown select "Send messages in HTML anyway"

    > But always remember that, despite the effort you put in to "create a more
    > appealing e-mail message" the recipient of your email may not choose to
    > view it that way - so you may be wasting your time.
    >
    > I always display emails in plain text by default. And on my Nokia
    > handheld I use an email client (Claws) that doesn't display HTML at all.
    >
    > Dave
    > --
    > (Remove any numerics from my email address.)

    Point well taken, Dave. I assume that people have a main computer (*)
    where they have the ability to perform a richer interaction.

    -Ramon

    (*) I hate those friggin' iPhones and Blackberries.

+ Reply to Thread