thunderbird 3 rc2 sent emails font - Mozilla

This is a discussion on thunderbird 3 rc2 sent emails font - Mozilla ; just updated to thunderbird 3 rc2. everything works great. except for i have a problem about emails saved in sent folder. i changed composition font to arial and i can see the change while i write a new email. however, ...

  1. thunderbird 3 rc2 sent emails font

    just updated to thunderbird 3 rc2.
    everything works great.
    except for i have a problem about emails saved in sent folder.
    i changed composition font to arial and i can see the change while i
    write a new email.
    however, when i sent it, and checked the sent email in the sent
    folder, it was still 'times new roman' font.
    i have searched online and tried to go into the option tab to find a
    way to change the sent folder emails' font, but with no success.
    can anyone help?

  2. Re: thunderbird 3 rc2 sent emails font

    On Dec 5, 2:27*pm, "Ron K." wrote:
    > shinjan22 on 12/5/2009 1:39 PM, keyboarded a reply:
    >
    > > just updated to thunderbird 3 rc2.
    > > everything works great.
    > > except for i have a problem about emails saved in sent folder.
    > > i changed composition font to arial and i can see the change while i
    > > write a new email.
    > > however, when i sent it, and checked the sent email in the sent
    > > folder, it was still 'times new roman' font.
    > > i have searched online and tried to go into the option tab to find a
    > > way to change the sent folder emails' font, but with no success.
    > > can anyone help?

    > What composition mode did You set in Account Settings... for that account?
    > HTML or text/plain? Sounds like your messages are being saved in Sent as
    > text/plain.
    >
    > --
    > Ron K.
    > Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
    > Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!

    it was set in HTML format. still can't find the reason why sent mails
    is saved in different font settings.

  3. Re: thunderbird 3 rc2 sent emails font

    On Dec 5, 2:41*pm, Gord McFee wrote:
    > On 12/5/2009 1:39 PM, shinjan22 wrote:
    >
    > > just updated to thunderbird 3 rc2. everything works great. except for
    > > i have a problem about emails saved in sent folder. i changed
    > > composition font to arial and i can see the change while i write a
    > > new email. however, when i sent it, and checked the sent email in the
    > > sent folder, it was still 'times new roman' font. i have searched
    > > online and tried to go into the option tab to find a way to change
    > > the sent folder emails' font, but with no success. can anyone help?

    > Double check your Fonts settings at:
    >
    > Tools -> Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced.
    >
    > Under Proportional, do you have "Sans Serif" selected? *You should if
    > you want Arial as the default.
    >
    > --
    > Best regards
    > Gord McFee

    i've selected 'sans serif' and the situation is still no change.

  4. Re: thunderbird 3 rc2 sent emails font

    On Dec 6, 12:15*pm, Gord McFee wrote:
    > On 12/5/2009 4:28 PM, shinjan22 wrote:

    > >> Double check your Fonts settings at:

    > >> Tools -> Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced.

    > >> Under Proportional, do you have "Sans Serif" selected? *You should if
    > >> you want Arial as the default.

    > >> --
    > >> Best regards
    > >> Gord McFee

    > > i've selected 'sans serif' and the situation is still no change.

    > What are the fonts selected at each of the four places at:
    >
    > Tools -> Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced
    >
    > --
    > Best regards
    > Gord McFee

    propotional: serif
    serif: arial
    san-serif: courier
    monospace: courier new

  5. Re: thunderbird 3 rc2 sent emails font

    On Dec 6, 10:55*pm, shinjan22 wrote:
    > On Dec 6, 12:15*pm, Gord McFee wrote:

    > > > i've selected 'sans serif' and the situation is still no change.

    > > What are the fonts selected at each of the four places at:

    > > Tools -> Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced

    > > --
    > > Best regards
    > > Gord McFee

    > propotional: serif
    > serif: arial
    > san-serif: courier
    > monospace: courier new

    i tried to change all of them to arial, nothing changed in the sent
    mails.
    i wonder where is the setting for sent mails' font?

  6. Re: thunderbird 3 rc2 sent emails font

    On Dec 7, 8:44*pm, Gord McFee wrote:
    > On 12/6/2009 10:55 PM, shinjan22 wrote:

    > >> What are the fonts selected at each of the four places at:

    > >> Tools -> Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced

    > >> --
    > >> Best regards
    > >> Gord McFee

    > > propotional: serif

    > Change to sans-serif
    >
    > > serif: arial

    > Arial is a sans-serif font. *Change to Times New Roman
    >
    > > san-serif: courier

    > Change that to Arial.
    >
    > > monospace: courier new

    > Change to Arial
    >
    > Under Font Control:
    >
    > uncheck "Allow messages to use other fonts" and "use fixed width font
    > for plain text messages".
    >
    > Does that help?
    >
    > --
    > Best regards