Inbox mail notice no longer shows sender - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Inbox mail notice no longer shows sender - Mozilla ; Hi all, This is my first post and a change in the display info list has occurred. My incoming e-mails no longer display the sender after he subject. I have tried and probably clumsily to fix this so it goes ...

  1. Inbox mail notice no longer shows sender

    Hi all,

    This is my first post and a change in the display info list has
    occurred.
    My incoming e-mails no longer display the sender after he subject.
    I have tried and probably clumsily to fix this so it goes back to
    displaying the sender's e-mail after the subject but haven't been
    successful so far.
    I sure would be grateful for some advice on how to regain the missing
    sender's e-mail listed with the subject.

    When I click on the subject then all the sender;'s info is present.
    I just always like to know who sent me a message beforee I bother to
    view it.

    Thank you for any assistance i can get.

    Larry

  2. Re: Inbox mail notice no longer shows sender

    On Nov 26, 8:44*am, Roy Smith wrote:
    > On 11/26/2009 9:20 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
    >

    > > apistomaster wrote:
    > >> Hi all,

    > >> This is my first post and a change in the display info list has
    > >> occurred.
    > >> My incoming e-mails no longer display the sender after he subject.
    > >> I have tried and probably clumsily to fix this so it goes back to
    > >> displaying the sender's e-mail after the subject but haven't been
    > >> successful so far.
    > >> I sure would be grateful for some advice on how to regain the missing
    > >> sender's e-mail listed with the subject.

    > >> When I click on the subject then all the sender;'s info is present.
    > >> I just always like to know who sent me a message beforee I bother to
    > >> view it.

    > >> Thank you for any assistance i can get.

    > >> Larry

    > > In Thunderbird, you can select the headers you wish to see by right
    > > clicking the weird little icon in the header of the message window. This
    > > gives you a choice of the items you want in your the header to the
    > > message window headers.

    > > You can then left click and hold the column header and drag it to
    > > establish the order you wish.

    > > It has worked this way in several versions of 2.0, I don't know about 3..0.

    > > I have included both sender and receiver in the column headings then
    > > change the width depending on what folder I am in .

    > Yes it works the same in 3.0 as well.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Roy Smith
    > Windows XP Pro SP3
    >
    > *signature.asc
    > < 1KViewDownload

    I think the question is regarding how to view specifically the Sender:
    field in the message. I have the same problem, it only displays the
    From field which doesn't do the trick if it was sent to a mailing list
    which redistributes to individuals (for example). You can't tell
    whether the message is to you directly or came to you by way of a
    mailing list. I've been working on trying to figure out a fix all
    morning (2 hours) and so far no luck.

+ Reply to Thread