Newsgroups: mozilla.support.thunderbird

Thanks for the replies. I think I've got it
figured
out now. The underlining and color change doesn't appear in the email
when I type it in ("www.chuckyounger.us," for example) -- but it is
there when I save and reload the message from the Drafts folder. I
didn't understand that when using the link button and
inserting an address the "http://" preface was required. Sorry for the
trouble. It's taken me a little while to get used to Thunderbird after
using Outlook Express for so many years. Still don't understand why I
thought ".com" worked and ".us" didn't.

C.M.

On Oct 21, 9:00 am, Tarkus <karnev...@atlantabraves.net> wrote:

> CM wrote:

> > Is there a fix for this? I have a ".us" website and can't
include the

> > URL as a link in my email.

> Are you talking about plain text or HTML?

> If plain text, it's up to the reader's client whether or not it
shows up

> as a link, not the sender's client.  Plain text is plain text.
There's

> no such thing as a link, unless the reader's client recognizes and

> chooses to display it as a link.

> If HTML, are you saying you're clicking on the link button and
inserting

> your address, and it's not underlined (it won't be clickable, but
it

> should be underlined)?  If that's the case, I suggest you copy and
paste