Ok so my work uses OWA and none of the various workarounds can get
Thunderbird to connect to the server with the exception of forwarding
all emails to another account. This does solve the problem of getting
my email however my inbox consists of email entirely from me, so now
my reply reply-all and other normal buttons are useless. is there a
work around for this or an extension that will completely strip the
last emailed header?

So all emails forwarded from my work account to my Thunderbird account
look and act like they came from the same person?