Thunderbird 3b4 displays the wrong number of new items in Mac dock - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 3b4 displays the wrong number of new items in Mac dock - Mozilla ; I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.1 with Thunderbird 3 Beta 4. When I receive a new message in my IMAP work email account, the Thunderbird dock icon shows a "2" when actually I only have 1 new message....

  1. Thunderbird 3b4 displays the wrong number of new items in Mac dock

    I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.1 with Thunderbird 3 Beta 4. When I receive
    a new message in my IMAP work email account, the Thunderbird dock icon
    shows a "2" when actually I only have 1 new message.

  2. Re: Thunderbird 3b4 displays the wrong number of new items in Macdock

    On Sep 24, 7:58*pm, Dan wrote:
    > on 9/23/09 5:47 PM beaconfield said the following:
    >
    > > I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.1 with Thunderbird 3 Beta 4. *When I receive
    > > a new message in my IMAP work email account, the Thunderbird dock icon
    > > shows a "2" when actually I only have 1 new message.

    > It counts all unread messages across all email accounts.

    I noticed this also. While this behavior is probably more "right," I
    was used to the old way, which I like because once I clicked into a
    folder, the notifier would go away even if I didn't explicitly mark
    the messages unread. Is there a way to go back to the old behavior?

  3. Re: Thunderbird 3b4 displays the wrong number of new items in Macdock

    On Sep 25, 12:55*am, Ben Greenberg wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 7:58*pm, Dan wrote:
    >
    > > on 9/23/09 5:47 PM beaconfield said the following:

    > > > I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.1 with Thunderbird 3 Beta 4. *When I receive
    > > > a new message in my IMAP work email account, the Thunderbird dock icon
    > > > shows a "2" when actually I only have 1 new message.

    > > It counts all unread messages across all email accounts.

    > I noticed this also. *While this behavior is probably more "right," I
    > was used to the old way, which I like because once I clicked into a
    > folder, the notifier would go away even if I didn't explicitly mark
    > the messages unread. *Is there a way to go back to the old behavior?

    Yes, if there's not already an option, could an option be added to
    report "new" messages instead of "unread" messages. I find the "new"
    messages/old way much more helpful.

  4. Re: Thunderbird 3b4 displays the wrong number of new items in Macdock

    Can someone on the team confirm that there was an intentional change
    of behavior with the counter on the Dock?

+ Reply to Thread