TB3 B4 smart folder based on tags? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB3 B4 smart folder based on tags? - Mozilla ; There's a lot of new features that I'm discovering with TB3 B4 so hopefully I'm just missing something but is it possible to have a smart folder based on a tag? For example, I have multiple mail, news, and rss ...

  1. TB3 B4 smart folder based on tags?

    There's a lot of new features that I'm discovering with TB3 B4 so
    hopefully I'm just missing something but is it possible to have a
    smart folder based on a tag? For example, I have multiple mail, news,
    and rss accounts and within these accounts I have tagged certain
    messages with a custom tag.

    1) The old way of creating a saved search, via the search messages
    dialog (Edit->Search Messages) seems to limit your search to one
    account and even then it seems like you still have to manually add any
    sub-folders created after the creation of the saved search.

    2) The new gloda global search box on the toolbar seems to only offers
    the suggestion of search by tag as typing suggestion which is nice but
    I can't figure out how to save the results as a saved search.

    Any information would be helpful,
    Thanks!

  2. Re: TB3 B4 smart folder based on tags?

    On Sep 23, 12:58*pm, "beach9...@hotmail.com"
    wrote:
    > There's a lot of new features that I'm discovering with TB3 B4 so
    > hopefully I'm just missing something but is it possible to have a
    > smart folder based on a tag? *For example, I have multiple mail, news,
    > and rss accounts and within these accounts I have tagged certain
    > messages with a custom tag.
    >
    > 1) *The old way of creating a saved search, via the search messages
    > dialog (Edit->Search Messages) seems to limit your search to one
    > account and even then it seems like you still have to manually add any
    > sub-folders created after the creation of the saved search.
    >
    > 2) The new gloda global search box on the toolbar seems to only offers
    > the suggestion of search by tag as typing suggestion which is nice but
    > I can't figure out how to save the results as a saved search.
    >
    > Any information would be helpful,
    > Thanks!

    I'm also looking for those functions: either making a smart folder
    from tags or searching based on tags and saving the search. I've also
    not been able to find them.

    An alternative option is to use the Views dropdown (available from the
    "Customize" options) but that adds unecessary clicks. Otherwise there
    doesn't seem to be a way to make the Tags functionality useful, which
    is a shame.

+ Reply to Thread