How Do I Get TBird to Open showing my Inbox? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How Do I Get TBird to Open showing my Inbox? - Mozilla ; When TBird opens, it shows the account folder. This contains the Inbox, but for years TBird opened showing the Inbox. I've been told that it should open on the Inbox, that this is the default behavior..., but it doesn't work ...

  1. How Do I Get TBird to Open showing my Inbox?

    When TBird opens, it shows the account folder. This contains the
    Inbox, but for years TBird opened showing the Inbox. I've been told
    that it should open on the Inbox, that this is the default
    behavior..., but it doesn't work that way now on my system.

    I'm sure there is an easy and obvious way to fix this, but I've spent
    hours going through menu items and Knowledge base articles. I'm
    missing something, and I feel very stupid. Can anyone help me out?

    I'm using version 2.0.0.23 (20090812) on Windows XP.

    -- GaryT

  2. Re: How Do I Get TBird to Open showing my Inbox?

    On Sep 18, 3:13*pm, prop...@nowhere.ca wrote:
    > brian wrote:

    > >> Maybe the following will help:

    > >>http://kb.mozillazine.org/Show_Inbox...ng_Thunderbird

    > > Since installing T'bird 3.0b3 it always opens in the folder last
    > > displayed but with the message page blank - I have the option 'when
    > > T'bird launches, show the start page in the message area' selected in
    > > preferences. Running Ubuntu 9.04. Previously I believe it always
    > > launched in theinboxfolder with the start page displayed in the
    > > message pane.

    > > The link above doesn't seem to apply to this version as I cannot find
    > > the 'default' option in account settings. The default option seems to
    > > apply to the outgoing server only, however I do have all my accounts set
    > > to show in oneinboxfolder only and use sub-folders within this to
    > > organise / filter emails.
    > > Brian

    > This probably should be moved to another thread for further discussions. :-)
    >
    > Using TB 2.0.0.23 here.......
    >
    > Edit --> Account Settings --> Then click on the account name you want as
    >
    > Now look at lower left hand side of the "Account Settings" window and
    > you should see:
    >
    > Add Account
    > Set As Default
    > Remove Account
    >
    > Doesn't "Set As Default" work for your setup? :-)

    Thanks, but something isn't quite right. I assume you mean Tools--
    >Account Settings. When I go there, the correct account is

    highlighted, and all the appropriate settings seem set ..., BUT the
    "Set as Default" button at lower left is grayed out and inaccessible.

    So, I don't know what there is left to do. It seems weird that what
    is supposed to be the default behavior just isn't available.

    -- GaryT

  3. Re: How Do I Get TBird to Open showing my Inbox?

    [...]
    > >> Edit --> Account Settings --> Then click on the account name you want as

    > >> Now look at lower left hand side of the "Account Settings" window and
    > >> you should see:

    > >> Add Account
    > >> Set As Default
    > >> Remove Account

    > >> Doesn't "Set As Default" work for your setup? :-)

    > > Thanks, but something isn't quite right. *I assume you mean Tools--
    > >> Account Settings.

    > Must have changed it in TB 3 then... as previously stated, I'm using TB
    > 2.0.0.23 here. :-)

    [...]
    > > So, I don't know what there is left to do. *It seems weird that what
    > > is supposed to be the default behavior just isn't available.

    > Have you checked the TB 3beta bugs listing for this problem?

    I'm also using 2.0.0.23, so TB 3 beta problems aren't relevant..This
    is starting to look like one of those puzzles that no one knows how to
    solve, even the folks who made it.

    If it helps, I get the auto-updates, and this problem has persisted
    for some time, over several updates. And yet, before roughly a year
    ago, TB unfailingly behaved as it should. I'm afraid I can't pin down
    the appearance of the problem closely enough to relate the change to a
    particular upgrade.

    Is there a Mozilla guru on a mountaintop or cellar somewhere who would
    be familiar with the the particular chunk, or chunks, of code involved
    in this behavior? Or maybe this problem just gets relegated to the
    bucket marked "Unanswerable Questions"?

    I'll try to be patient and optimistic, and avoid thinking about that
    bucket overflowing...

    -- GaryT

+ Reply to Thread