Search failure - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Search failure - Mozilla ; Has anyone had a general problem with searching messages not finding content that is definitely in an email body? If this has been covered, I apologize; couldn't find a topic to match, directions to existing topic would be greatly appreciated. ...

  1. Search failure

    Has anyone had a general problem with searching messages not finding
    content that is definitely in an email body? If this has been covered,
    I apologize; couldn't find a topic to match, directions to existing
    topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

    David Albee

  2. Re: Search failure

    Hi David,

    I observed the same problem.
    What I observed is that only the HTML mails suffer by this problem.
    Text emails are well filtered.

    This is a major bug in my opinion.
    Thunderbird developers should take care of this bug ASP.

    F.J.

    P.S. - also I didn't find any topic related to this problem

    On Sep 16, 6:35*pm, David wrote:
    > Has anyone had a generalproblemwith searching messages not finding
    > content that is definitely in an email body? If this has been covered,
    > I apologize; couldn't find a topic to match, directions to existing
    > topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
    >
    > David Albee

  3. Re: Search failure

    This problem is related to TB v 2.xxxxx
    Also I have finded this search bug. They say that it shows only in
    base64 encoded mails.
    I have installed the new version TB v 3.0beta4 last available
    The problem seems to be solved and search function was extended with
    new functionalities.

    F.J.

    On Sep 30, 8:21*pm, "Florin J." wrote:
    > Hi David,
    >
    > I observed the sameproblem.
    > What I observed is that only the HTML mails suffer by thisproblem.
    > Text emails are well filtered.
    >
    > This is a major bug in my opinion.
    > Thunderbird developers should take care of this bug ASP.
    >
    > F.J.
    >
    > P.S. - also I didn't find any topic related to thisproblem
    >
    > On Sep 16, 6:35*pm, David wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone had a generalproblemwith searching messages not finding
    > > content that is definitely in an email body? If this has been covered,
    > > I apologize; couldn't find a topic to match, directions to existing
    > > topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

    > > David Albee

+ Reply to Thread