Installing 2.0.0.23 upgrade error - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Installing 2.0.0.23 upgrade error - Mozilla ; A couple of days ago, a "Mozilla Thunderbird Setup" window showed the "Error opening file for writing: C:\ProgramFiles\MozillaThunderbird \mozMapi32.dll" message. Today, that one is replaced with "C:\ProgramFiles\MozillaThunderbird \xpicleanup.exe" Anybody have any suggestions on how to avoid these and more? Thank ...

  1. Installing 2.0.0.23 upgrade error

    A couple of days ago, a "Mozilla Thunderbird Setup" window showed the
    "Error opening file for writing: C:\ProgramFiles\MozillaThunderbird
    \mozMapi32.dll" message.

    Today, that one is replaced with "C:\ProgramFiles\MozillaThunderbird
    \xpicleanup.exe"

    Anybody have any suggestions on how to avoid these and more?

    Thank you.

    EC

  2. Re: Installing 2.0.0.23 upgrade error

    On Aug 25, 6:06*am, AGB wrote:
    > Ken Whiton wrote:
    > > *-* On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, at 10:52:56 -0700 (PDT),
    > > *-* In Article
    > > <5a950a7b-6edf-47d1-a38e-204ad7ea0...@13g2000prl.googlegroups.com>,
    > > *-* EC wrote
    > > *-* About Installing 2.0.0.23 upgrade error

    > >> A couple of days ago, a "Mozilla Thunderbird Setup" window showed the
    > >> "Error opening file for writing: *C:\ProgramFiles\MozillaThunderbird
    > >> \mozMapi32.dll" message.

    > > * * *Shut down your Logitech webcam before installing/upgrading TBird,
    > > and then restart the webcam after the installation/upgrade completes.

    > >> Today, that one is replaced with "C:\ProgramFiles\MozillaThunderbird
    > >> \xpicleanup.exe"

    > > * * *I don't know about that one.

    > >> Anybody have any suggestions on how to avoid these and more?

    > > * * *More. ;-) *It's not necessary, nor is it particularly good
    > > Netiquette to repost your question after only two hours. *Wait at
    > > least a couple of days for people to see and respond to it.

    > >> Thank you.

    > > * * *You're welcome.

    > > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * Ken Whiton

    > But to be fair, "EC" made a mistake with his first posting of his query
    > by having a very uninformative subject line... *So he re-posted with a
    > better one, which then attracted attention... *Happens to the best of us
    > from time to time....
    >
    > AGB

    Thank you very much for understanding, AGB. I appreciate your knowing
    patience as I appreciate the patience of others who have replied and
    have read about what was being experienced here. It has been far too
    long since newsgroups have been a part of my daily life and chat rooms
    tend to help make me lazy.

    Thank you, every single one of you!!

    EC

    BTW - will turn off Logitech and probably have an uneventful execution
    of the new Thunderbird. Will keep this list posted of the outcome.

  3. Re: Installing 2.0.0.23 upgrade error

    On Aug 27, 9:53*pm, EC wrote:
    > On Aug 25, 6:06*am, AGB wrote:
    >

    > > Ken Whiton wrote:
    > > > *-* On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, at 10:52:56 -0700 (PDT),
    > > > *-* In Article
    > > > <5a950a7b-6edf-47d1-a38e-204ad7ea0...@13g2000prl.googlegroups.com>,
    > > > *-*ECwrote
    > > > *-* About Installing 2.0.0.23 upgrade error

    > > > * * *Shut down your Logitech webcam before installing/upgradingTBird,
    > > > and then restart the webcam after the installation/upgrade completes.

    > > > * * *I don't know about that one.

    > > > * * *More. ;-) *It's not necessary, nor is it particularly good
    > > > Netiquette to repost your question after only two hours. *Wait at
    > > > least a couple of days for people to see and respond to it.

    > > > * * *You're welcome.

    > > > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Ken Whiton

    > > But to be fair, "EC" made a mistake with his first posting of his query
    > > by having a very uninformative subject line... *So he re-posted with a
    > > better one, which then attracted attention... *Happens to the best ofus
    > > from time to time....

    > > AGB

    > Thank you very much for understanding, AGB. *I appreciate your knowing
    > patience as I appreciate the patience of others who have replied and
    > have read about what was being experienced here. *It has been far too
    > long since newsgroups have been a part of my daily life and chat rooms
    > tend to help make me lazy.
    >
    > Thank you, every single one of you!!
    >
    > EC
    >
    > BTW - will turn off Logitech and probably have an uneventful execution
    > of the new Thunderbird. *Will keep this list posted of the outcome.

    Thank you for all of your help!!!

    Today, at last, Thunderbird loaded very nicely.

    Of course, the earlier suggestions were all followed during the couple
    of days after reading them. Then, none of them seemed to work.
    Decided to just get away from it and come back another time to try
    another Thunderbird reload.

    Certainly would like to offer an adequate explanation of what helped
    it load but, cannot do that.

    All of your patience and help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

    EC

+ Reply to Thread