Signature placement - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Signature placement - Mozilla ; It seems like I've been trying forever when replying to a message, to get my reply above the quoted message AND my signature placed immediately below my reply, but Thunderbird continues to place it at the bottom of the entire ...

  1. Signature placement

    It seems like I've been trying forever when replying to a message, to
    get my reply above the quoted message AND my signature placed
    immediately below my reply, but Thunderbird continues to place it at
    the bottom of the entire message where I have to cut/paste it where I
    want it to go.

    I have the following settings based on what I've read/been told on the
    subject:

    Under Account Settings>Composition & Addressing, on the drop down I
    have checked the "Automatically quote the original message when
    replying", and in the small option window, I have "start my reply
    above the quote" plus "and place my signature "below my reply (above
    the quote)"

    Then, also according to the help page on the subject, I have, under
    Tools>Options>General>Config Editor, I have
    "mail.identity.default.reply_on_top user set integer 1". I
    also have "mail.identity.default.sig_bottom user set boolean
    false"

    Everything I've read would say that these settings should place my
    signature below my Reply and above the quoted message but it refuses
    to go there.

    I would appreciate hearing from anyone with a better solution.

    Thanks,

    Jim B

  2. Re: Signature placement

    As I re-read my original message on this subject, I realize there ia a
    bit of ambiguity in it so I should clarify it --- that is that
    there's no problem getting my Reply above the quoted message ---
    it's not being able to get the signature at the bottom of the reply
    instead of at the bottom of the entire message.

    Thanks again for any insight on this problem.

    Jim B

    On Aug 21, 12:29*am, Jim B wrote:
    > It seems like I've been trying forever when replying to a message, to
    > get my reply above the quoted message AND my signature placed
    > immediately below my reply, but Thunderbird continues to place it at
    > the bottom of the entire message where I have to cut/paste it where I
    > want it to go.
    >
    > I have the following settings based on what I've read/been told on the
    > subject:
    >
    > Under Account Settings>Composition & Addressing, on the drop down I
    > have checked the "Automatically quote the original message when
    > replying", and in the small option window, I have "start my reply
    > above the quote" plus "and place my signature "below my reply (above
    > the quote)"
    >
    > Then, also according to the help page on the subject, I have, under
    > Tools>Options>General>Config Editor, I have
    > "mail.identity.default.reply_on_top * *user set * *integer *1".*I
    > also have "mail.identity.default.sig_bottom * *user set * boolean
    > false"
    >
    > Everything I've read would say that these settings should place my
    > signature below my Reply and above the quoted message but it refuses
    > to go there.
    >
    > I would appreciate hearing from anyone with a better solution.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jim B

  3. Re: Signature placement

    The issue is not whether sig above or below is better, the point is we
    should have the choice (and I'm not talking about where the delimiters
    are). We do have a choice: http://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#settings/labs
    look for the "Signature Tweaks"

    On Aug 31, 5:56*am, Etal wrote:
    > Jim B wrote:
    > > As I re-read my original message on this subject, I realize there ia a
    > > bit of ambiguity in it so I should clarify it *--- *that is that
    > > there's no problem getting my Reply above the quoted message *---
    > > it's not being able to get the signature at the bottom of the reply
    > > instead of at the bottom of the entire message.

    > There is no difference. Your signature is placed "at the bottom
    > of the reply" which includes quoted material, which together with
    > your signature makes up the "entire message" body.
    >

    > > Thanks again for any insight on this problem.

    > To avoid it being a problem, practice snipping of irrelevant
    > parts of the post you reply to .. like i do with your original
    > post below.
    >

    > > Jim B

    > > Jim B wrote:

    > >> It seems like I've been trying forever

    > * * * [snip]
    >

    > >> I would appreciate hearing from anyone with a better solution.

    > Practice snipping.
    >
    > >> Thanks,

    > >> Jim B

    > --
    > Nah-ah. I'm staying out of this. ... Now, here's my opinion.
    >
    > * * *Please followup in the newsgroup.
    > * * *E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.

+ Reply to Thread