How to use global search in beta 3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to use global search in beta 3 - Mozilla ; Hi all, I'm using 3.0b3 and I love it. But how does global search work? I've turned it on the advanced prefs panel and it indexed my messages. Now what? How do I invoke it? Thanks Ben...

  1. How to use global search in beta 3

    Hi all,

    I'm using 3.0b3 and I love it. But how does global search work? I've
    turned it on the advanced prefs panel and it indexed my messages. Now
    what? How do I invoke it?

    Thanks
    Ben

  2. Re: How to use global search in beta 3

    On Aug 20, 6:18*pm, Christian Riechers
    wrote:

    > In the main TB window, go to 'View - Toolbars - Customize'. Drag the
    > 'Search messages' item to your toolbar. That should be it. The search
    > result will open in a new tab.
    > For another interesting way to use the new search, you may want to have
    > a look here:http://www.visophyte.org/blog/2009/0...oda-exptoolbar...

    That's the ticket--thanks. Was very hard to find documentation on
    this and there is no corresponding menu item. I guess by RC the
    global search will be default?

+ Reply to Thread