Antispam filter problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Antispam filter problem - Mozilla ; Dear all, I am using the antispam filter for few years, sending the mails directly in the bin. Since few weeks, I've got a problem: every evening I empty the bin. On the morning, when I open thunderbird, I check ...

  1. Antispam filter problem

    Dear all,

    I am using the antispam filter for few years, sending the mails
    directly in the bin. Since few weeks, I've got a problem: every
    evening I empty the bin. On the morning, when I open thunderbird, I
    check my bin: the spams are there but as well a "normal mail" put as
    read. I haven't seen any correlation between the "normal mails" it
    throws into the bin.
    Any idea?
    Cheers-

  2. Re: Antispam filter problem

    On 13 mayo, 16:47, Nir wrote:
    > On 05/13/2009 08:03 PM, Nir wrote:
    >

    > > On 05/13/2009 02:29 PM, Carine wrote:
    > >> Dear all,

    > >> I am using the antispam filter for few years, sending the mails
    > >> directly in the bin. Since few weeks, I've got a problem: every
    > >> evening I empty the bin. On the morning, when I open thunderbird, I
    > >> check my bin: the spams are there but as well a "normal mail" put as
    > >> read. I haven't seen any correlation between the "normal mails" it
    > >> throws into the bin.
    > >> Any idea?
    > >> Cheers-

    > > Compact that folder manually although Tb should automatically compact
    > > Trash/Bin folder when you empty it.

    > > If you still experience same problem then Tb is having some problem in
    > > compacting that folder, probably because that file is corrupted. In that
    > > case, manually delete 'Trash' file from your Tb profile folder > Mail >
    > > folder of that account when Tb is completely closed. On next start, Tb
    > > will automatically create a blank Trash file at the same location.

    > Please ignore my previous post.
    > Sorry, from your post I got an impression that deleted junk mails are
    > reappearing.

    Well, in fact, I had compacted manually all the folders. Yesterday, I
    did delete the trash folder and, at least this morning, I had no good
    mail in it. The problem was/is not that the filter is bad because
    those good mails are not marked as junks. Anyway, let's see if it is
    solved now!
    Thank you for your help!

  3. Re: Antispam filter problem

    So at the end, it still doesn't work. Now, I've created a Junk folder
    where junks should go. And in this folder, there are indeed only junk
    mails. But in my Trash folder, I've still got the same problems: some
    of the junk mails go there and some random mails as well, marked as
    read. I can't see any correlation between the mails TB decides to put
    in the Trash but it is a real problem for me!
    I've just deleted the Trash folder as suggested but it didn't help.
    Did anyone have the same problem?
    Cheers-

  4. Re: Antispam filter problem

    On 20 mayo, 11:17, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    wrote:
    > Carinewrote:
    > > So at the end, it still doesn't work. Now, I've created a Junk folder
    > > where junks should go. And in this folder, there are indeed only junk
    > > mails. But in my Trash folder, I've still got the same problems: some
    > > of the junk mails go there and some random mails as well, marked as
    > > read. I can't see any correlation between the mails TB decides to put
    > > in the Trash but it is a real problem for me!
    > > I've just deleted the Trash folder as suggested but it didn't help.
    > > Did anyone have the same problem?
    > > Cheers-

    > Do you have any other filters that direct things to the trash?

    No.
    Now I've just tried to delete all the msf files and I will see if it
    helps.

+ Reply to Thread