Migrating from Windows Outlook (pst) to Mac Thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Migrating from Windows Outlook (pst) to Mac Thunderbird - Mozilla ; Hi all, I searched the group archive but couldn't find any useful information about my specific question: what is the best way to migrate mails from Microsoft Windows Outlook to Thunderbird on the Mac platform. The Thunderbird Windows version allows ...

  1. Migrating from Windows Outlook (pst) to Mac Thunderbird

    Hi all,

    I searched the group archive but couldn't find any useful information
    about my specific question: what is the best way to migrate mails from
    Microsoft Windows Outlook to Thunderbird on the Mac platform. The
    Thunderbird Windows version allows you to import pst files, the Mac
    version does not. I don't know if I can import into Thunderbird on
    Windows, and then simply copy data files to the Mac

    Thanks for your suggestions!

    Jeroen Aarts

  2. Re: Migrating from Windows Outlook (pst) to Mac Thunderbird

    On 30 apr, 10:08, gNeandr wrote:
    > *[29.04.2009 16:07] * *»Jeroen« wrote:> Hi all,
    >
    > > I searched the group archive but couldn't find any useful information
    > > about my specific question: what is the best way to migrate mails from
    > > Microsoft Windows Outlook to Thunderbird on the Mac platform. The
    > > Thunderbird Windows version allows you to import pst files, the Mac
    > > version *does not. I don't know if I can import into Thunderbird on
    > > Windows, and then simply copy data files to the Mac

    > > Thanks for your suggestions!

    > > Jeroen Aarts

    > How about transferring the mails via IMAP?

    Thanks, that would would work indeed. Meanwhile, I found out that I
    can install Thunderbird on Windows, import data from the pst file, and
    then simply copy the TB mail folder to the Mac.

    Jeroen

  3. Re: Migrating from Windows Outlook (pst) to Mac Thunderbird

    On Apr 30, 6:48*pm, Jeroen wrote:
    > On 30 apr, 10:08, gNeandr wrote:
    >
    > > *[29.04.2009 16:07] * *»Jeroen« wrote:> Hi all,

    > > > I searched the group archive but couldn't find any useful information
    > > > about my specific question: what is the best way to migrate mails from
    > > > Microsoft Windows Outlook to Thunderbird on the Mac platform. The
    > > > Thunderbird Windows version allows you to import pst files, the Mac
    > > > version *does not. I don't know if I can import into Thunderbird on
    > > > Windows, and then simply copy data files to the Mac

    > > > Thanks for your suggestions!

    > > > Jeroen Aarts

    > > How about transferring the mails via IMAP?

    > Thanks, that would would work indeed. Meanwhile, I found out that I
    > can install Thunderbird on Windows, import data from the pst file, and
    > then simply copy the TB mail folder to the Mac.
    >
    > Jeroen

    And don't forget the mac and windows has different mail addresses so
    you can email it to mac!!

+ Reply to Thread