Newsgroup threads opening by default. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Newsgroup threads opening by default. - Mozilla ; Hi When I go into a newsgroup, I frequently find that a thread (often a busy one) is open by default. Is there a way of getting Thunderbird to NOT expand the thread, but leave it collapsed? A similar problem ...

  1. Newsgroup threads opening by default.

    Hi

    When I go into a newsgroup, I frequently find that a thread (often a
    busy one) is open by default. Is there a way of getting Thunderbird to
    NOT expand the thread, but leave it collapsed?

    A similar problem happens where I ignore a thread, and immediately
    another thread is opened, usually one that I immediately want to
    collapse again. How can I make "ignore thread" ('k') not open another
    thread?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Newsgroup threads opening by default.

    On Apr 14, 4:06*pm, "David E. Ross" wrote:
    > Is this bug #232562? *See
    > . *See especially
    > comment #11.

    Yup! That's the one!

    > Supposedly, this is fixed in Thunderbird 3. *The final, end-user version
    > is not yet available.

    Thanks!